Wrapped Around Your Finger

»Michael«

"You were mine for a night."

When the final bell had rung for the day I wanted to sing hallelujah and skip out of school. Obviously people would actually start to think I'm gay, I wouldn't be able to do that anyway, I wasn't that much of a confident person. Instead I just strolled down the hallway with those idiots...except Ashlee, she wasn't an idiot, she just had to put up with us.

Out the front door we were greeted with the glorious sight of Luke's skyline. Ashlee made her way over immediately, I walked behind her at a distance. I liked the way she swayed her hips slightly with each stride forward. She was wearing my old combat boots today, it brought a small smile to my lips. I liked my clothes on her, she always seemed to look good in whatever I gave her. Fond memories resurfaced from a few days ago when she was in my black t-shirt and those boxers...daym, did she look good in those, even if they had kittens on them.

I hadn't realized but I was biting down on my lip harshly. I'd drawn blood. Ashton was smiling at Luke as we approached the car. I ran a hand across my lip, wiping the blood away. Ashton wouldn't like Luke if he knew his intentions. But then I had the same intentions but for a different reason.

Ashlee flipped her long hair over her shoulder as she talked to Luke. Calum nudged my shoulder inconspicuously. "Dude, you can't let Luke get her. You have to do something."

I just shrugged. "I know I do, I just wish it was under different circumstances."

I did too, I regretted the whole bet thing. I'd tell Ashlee if we ever got to that stage, I didn't want her to hate me. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I wouldn't. I honestly loved her that much but I couldn't just go out and say it, as I said; I wasn't that much of a confident person. Luke on the other hand...he was the pure opposite, straightforward and full of confidence.

"You guys want to come over to ours for the night?" Luke asked. That pretentious bastard. Ours? He made it sound like he and Ashlee were together. I could feel his eyes on me, he was waiting for me to react - I wasn't going to.

"Sure," Ashton's voice was the first to reply. I turned my eyes on him to see he was already watching me cautiously. I knew he only wanted to go because he knew I would.

I pulled on the strap of my bag, trying to make it comfortable on my shoulder. Calum was the next to reply, "sure. Although I'd have to ask my parents first."

Good old Calum, he was always checking with his parents wether it was okay to do things or not. He was still literally a little angel, despite how much he tried to downplay it with his bad language and dirty thoughts.

I thought to myself as I studied the ground intensely. I didn't ask my parents much anymore, I did what I wanted despite wether they liked it or not. I didn't know how I had become like that towards them, I just rathered doing my own thing. Everyone's eyes were on me now. They were waiting for an answer.

Then there was that one perticuliar set of eyes I couldn't resist glancing up at. Ashlee was pouting at me, her intricate hazel eyes were welling up with fake tears. She was a great actor when it came to it. I'd seen her amazing work on Ashton a few times when he wouldn't let her in the room with us. I'd always been more compelled to be her friend rather than Ashton's.

It wasn't that Ashlee was a better friend than Ashton, it was that from the first moment I had seen her I knew she definitely had to be in my life. That first moment where little toddler Ashlee stood out from behind her mother; Anne and had searched me with those curious and wonderful eyes of hers, I knew. I knew she was going to be an important person in my life.