Catch 22

»Michael«

"The thought of our hands interlacing, it's taking over me."

Ashlee dropped her jeans to the bathroom floor, unaware that the door was slightly open behind her. I could see her long bare legs stride towards the mirror, where she frowned at the aberrations on her thighs. I looked away, grabbing the holy bible from the nightstand I tried to become deeply enthralled in the text but I always found my eyes wandering back to where Ashlee was changing in the bathroom.

Everyone had paired up to a room in the hotel. We were to meet Blue Forest in the morning after we slept off the effects of jet lag. Calum begged Beth to pair up with him, she had rolled her eyes and said yes. Vis had just pulled Luke away from the group and towards their room. Ashton and Blay were inseparable since the plane trip to Manchester. We were staying at the La Quinta Inn for the night before we got on the tour buses.

That left just me and the girl I'm not allowed to love in the hallway. We stared at one another for a moment before heading towards our room. There were two beds, simple and white with yellow duvets. I found myself wishing there was a muck up and we'd ended up with just one bed but then realised that wouldn't go down well since I was 'dating' Lana. I sighed and fell back on the bed, causing Ashlee to call out from the bathroom.

"Are you alright?"

I put the bible back on the nightstand and stared up at the ceiling. "No," I mumbled without thinking. I was stuck in a situation where the girl I loved didn't want to be with me and I'm stuck with a girl that I don't love.

Ashlee came out of the bathroom, walking over to her suitcase. I gulped, seeing as she still had no pants on, just an oversized tee and her American Apparel boy shorts. She bent over to rifle through her clothes, giving me a great view of her ass. I bit my lip as thoughts overtook my mind, short flashes of her clothes coming off. Of me pressed against her. Of me bending her over the mattress and t-

"I can't find any cotton shorts to wear to bed." Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to her suitcase, "shít, I forgot to pack some." I got up, moving to my own suitcase, pulling out the kitten boxers she'd gotten me for my birthday. I didn't know why I brought them with me, I didn't wear them that often. I handed them to her, "you can borrow these."

She took them hesitantly, eyeing me with her hazel eyes. It was like she didn't know what to do and she was thinking though everything that the simple gesture meant. I wasn't thinking about it at all, I couldn't with her standing there in her underwear. I felt myself becoming all hot and bothered just by looking at her, I jerked away and moved to the window. There wasn't much to see outside, just a run down gas station and the large car park for the hotel. I couldn't see much more because it was dark out, I would've wondered what it would look like in the day time if I wasn't already wondering what Ashlee would look with those shorts pooled around her feet.

I heard her moving around the room behind me but I didn't dare to check what she was doing. I checked my phone instead, seeing about fifty missed calls and a few texts from Lana.

Lana banana: Michael, call me back.

Lana banana: I'm sorry I didn't come to the airport.

Lana banana: I was too upset after our fight.

Lana banana: I'm sorry I even suggested the thought of you cheating.