Girls Talk Boys

»Ashlee«

"When you're talking to your girls, do you talk about me?"

(Idiot chat)

Ashton: Ashlee, were are you?

Michael: Lee?

Calum: everyone is here.

Ashlee: I'm at subway?

Luke: what the hell are you doing at subway?

Luke: you're meant to be here.

Luke: we're trying to tell them.

Calum: have you left subway yet?

Ashlee: no...I'll be there in ten.

Calum: can you get me a six inch?

Luke: Calum, she can't buy you a bigger dîck.

Michael: why Luke? Have you tried?

Calum: ooooooo burn!

Luke: hey now, I don't need one.

Luke: I already have two.

Calum: oh.

Michael: um, how's the subway coming along Lee?

Ashlee: getting Calum a foot long and Luke a coke, he sounds thirsty.

Luke: oh girl, you get me.

Michael: how nobody figured out you were gay sooner astounds me.

Luke: I know right?

Calum: why is it always the hot roommates who have to be gay?

Luke: that's "hot psyco ex roommate" to you.

Ashton: Ashlee? You nearly here? They're making me crazy.

Michael: she's probably driving.

I dropped down onto the doorstep of our house, I had caught glimpse of the boy's parents inside - along with a few other people. Truth was I had been back from subway for ten minutes. I didn't necessarily want to inside - everyone looked so perfect and happy, gathered around the fire chatting away with smiles.

It was freezing outside, night had already fallen and a cold wind was hitting my skin mildly. An unlit cigarette hing between my lips, all because I didn't have a lighter. My phone lit up with more messages from the group chat. I shut it off, not wanting to have it constantly vibrating in my pocket. The subway bag sat on the step below my feet, the contents untouched. I wrapped my arms around my knees and pulled them closer, letting a fogged breath.

The front door creaked open, I didn't turn around to find out who had opened it. I just wanted to prolong going inside. Whoever it was slunk down next to me, rubbing my shoulder with their soft hand. I knew instantly that it was Michael. I leant into his warm body as his arm covered my shoulder. The cigarette left my lips as his slender fingers pulled it free. I expected him to take it off of me and scorn me for even having it, not to light it.

I watched as the dark haired boy took the cigarette between his cherry coloured lips. He inhaled it, closing his eyes as he breathed in the smoke. "God, I needed that." He sighed as he handed me the burning cig back.