Heartache On The Big Screen

»Ashlee«

"As I stand here broken-hearted"

All my hopes deflated as I walked into school the next day. I had hoped to see Michael and talk to him about the pictures he'd sent to the chat last night. I opened my locker, taking glances across at his locker - which was quiet and unattended.

Ashton approached me with an anxious look on his face. "Have you seen Michael?" His voice trembled a little, Ashton seemed to have something on his mind as he was fiddling with his fingers in an awkward manner.

I shook my head sadly, "no." Michael was absent from school, I didn't get why he had done it. Maybe he had sent them on accident? That would seem more likely than him sending them for attention.

Ashton cleared his throat - causing me to clear my thoughts to hear what he had to say. "Blay told me this morning..."

"What did she tell you?" I questioned, Ashton flickered his hazel eyes away from me, avoiding my gaze as if he were too embarrassed to say what he needed to.

"He..um.. Michael sent them to everyone...the whole school has seen the photos."

I slammed my locker shut. "Ash you better not be joking, because this isn't funny." I shoved my books in my bag angrily, Michael wouldn't do this. There had to be some explanation.

My brother placed a hand on my shoulder, it was soothing, I was in a lot of confusion right now. I couldn't imagine what Michael was going through.

Then my heart dropped even further. "I'm not joking Ashlee."

Poor Michael, no wonder he wasn't at school today. I began to tear up at the thought of Mike's body being exposed over social media to the whole school.

I began to walk to class, my head was down as I began to avoid eye contact with everyone. It was hard to look at them when I knew they had seen the same thing as me. I was angry at the unfairness of the situation, Michael would be getting so much shít for this.

I wondered wether his phone had been hacked and the photos were sent out via another source. It seemed like the most plausible explanation as I still couldn't believe that my Michael would do something like this. He wouldn't that's why, someone else would've done it.

I slipped into my chair at the back of the class, whispers were traveling indiscreetly across the classroom. Eyes darted back and forth from me to the police officer entering the classroom.
His blue uniform held power in it as he stood in front of the class and they immediately fell into silence.

A police officer visiting our school was quite special, as it didn't happen much. The current class I was in was 'health' so I had a sneaking suspicion that he was here to talk to us about that.

"Some of you may be aware that last night one of your classmates had revealing pictures of themself shared to the internet."

The police officer's introduction to he subject made me drop my head to my desk. I didn't want to hear this, it was about Michael - it'd be spreading the word about it even quicker.

"Now this is a very serious situation - anyone to be in possession of these certain photos - imagine how you would feel if this happened to you..." I wasn't really listening, my hearing was zoning in and out at the police officer's words. I buried my head in my arms and just tried to stop my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking how bad Michael would be feeling right now. There was this knot in my stomach, a constant sick feeling that hadn't gone away since last night.

This situation was completely out of the blue, yesterday he was completely fine when I had seen him. He was laughing and smiling at band practice, nobody had seen this coming. I hadn't.