One

Jolie Kalea

Lilia really wanted me to go out dancing tonight but I knew I wouldn't be up for it. I had my legs crossed up on the brown naugahyde couch, a heating pad pressed up against my lower back and a bag of a family sized Hot Cheetos in my lap.

I watched as my best friends came out of their rooms. They both had on sensual yet warm outfits for the cool weather in Cheshire with glam makeup to compliment the outfits.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us? I'll go and get some Super Plus tampons right now." Isla turned to me from checking herself out in the mirror, their blonde curled locks cascading over their shoulder.

"Seriously. No offense, babes but you look horrid." Lilia added.

"Gee, didn't hold back on me did you, Lils?"

My eyes rolled at the two as I inhaled a few more Hot Cheetos into my mouth. Going out with the two was never a boring time, I must admit. Somehow, Isla ends up making out with a random stranger and Lilia gets into an argument with a sexist douchebag man while I watch the scenes unfold while sipping on a mango margarita.

As entertaining as that sounded, the heating pad relaxed my sore muscles and helped with my intense cramps. They're saying, 'stay Jo. Don't leave. You'll probably bleed through your tampons and pads anyways'. I'd rather have red spicy fingertips than sore feet from dancing and walking around pubs and clubs.

Also, I couldn't leave my baby Otis all there by himself.

He's a full-bred Dalmatian, only six months old and he's my everything. He's so energetic and the most adorable little thing. He still needs to be watched over due to the fact that last time he was left alone, he took a shit on Isla's new shoes.

"Guys, I promise you. I'll be okay here alone with Love,Rosie and other sappy ass movies while I stuff my face with chips until I throw up. Plus, Otis will keep me company." I flashed them both thankful smiles.

Otis perked his head up from his spot on the left of me when I said his name. I raised my hand to scratch at his head, watching him slowly relax back into his comfortable position.

Both of their faces dropped into pouts as they made their way towards my slumped position on the couch, high heels clicking on the hardwood floors. Lilia plopped down on my right side while Isla stood in front of me. I let out a childish whine, waving my hand for her to move out of frame.

"We just don't you to be alone, Jo. Last time we left you by yourself, Lils found you hunched in the corner of your room sobbing from the 'bitchass' cramps." The gorgeous blonde quoted from the breakdown I had three months ago, ignoring my whines.

I winced at the memory, rubbing with my stomach with my cherry red stained fingertips, still feeling the intense menstrual side effect. I woke up to blood stains on the pastel yellow sheets covering my bed and a wave of cramps that were so intense, I could barely lift my legs from the comfortable - yet extremely gross - mattress.

Not only was I overall not doing well, Otis was merely a baby so he was peeing and shitting everywhere. He's gotten a lot better but still can't be left alone for longer than a few hours.

"They were bitchass cramps but don't worry about me, alright?" I tapped at Lilia's thigh as reassurance through her honey yellow leather skirt. "Plus I taught those cramps whose boss"