Seven

Jolie Kalea

"Niall, stop dipping your smelly ass fingers into the frosting!" I shout at the blonde with frustration as this is the sixth time I've caught him sneaking a taste of the chocolate frosting.

Today was the day of the charity fundraiser for sick children who cannot continue to afford staying at the hospital at Annie's. Lilia and Niall were kind enough to help me with preparing for it. Isla and Zayn would've come to help too but the two said they would be swamped at work.

I took action when Miss Annie needed someone to make the sweets. I have an obsession with baking.

Cooking — hell no. Baking — a big fat yes.

Growing up, I was always told to be in the kitchen as a woman or stay silent and keep my opinions to myself. Thankfully, I never listened to that pure bullshit. Plus, I only enjoyed baking when it was with friends or alone.

"I'm taste testing! And they are not smelly." He defends while licking the excess off of his pointer finger.

"You've taste tested it ten times!" Lilia then takes a turn to snap at him.

"They probably are with the amount of times you stick your hand down your pants," I add.

Lilia lets out a scoff of disgust and motions towards the living room. "Okay, you're done 'helping' us, Ni. Seriously, why the hell do you stick your hands down your pants?"

"It's warm and my hands get cold" He shrugs his shoulders as if it was nothing. "Jo, you told me that you do it to your boobs or thighs. Isn't it the same th—"

You're kidding me.

I would never stick my hands down my pants for warmth on my hands. Putting them down your shirt to grab your chest is completely different than a guy sticking his hands down his pants to cup at his balls for warmth.

Our breasts are clean. Niall's balls—I'm pretty sure— are not.

"Go to the living room right now and watch some TV or get out." I sigh as I begin to move the frosting from it's bowl and into the piping tools.

Lilia continues to make the last batch of batter for the cupcakes as we've already assembled various flavors of cookies, delicious warm and sweet brownies and a few vanilla, red velvet and chocolate mini bundt cakes for the event. We made the frosting from scratch because of how insanely sweet the frosting from sores usually is. The cake alone was sweet enough.

"Ugh, fine. Why is this such a big deal anyways?" Niall huffs as he snatches a bag of crisps from the cabinet.

"Well, for one, Ni, this is for sick children." Lilia sends him a glare before I nod in agreement.

"We're being good people, Nelly Bean, alright? Plus, baking is fun. Well, when you don't have a parasite eating the frosting."

Niall rolls his eyes at me before making his way over to the living room, planting his butt down on the couch. Otis speeds over to the smell of the sour cream and onion scent and jumps up onto the cushions and lays down next to him, resting his head on Niall's thigh.

The truth is I'm nervous and anxious about Harry showing up. I know it's stupid to stress about it but he ghosted me for almost three weeks and I don't want to be disappointed again. I hate it when people don't come through with their promises.

I know how his girlfriend is and I still have the fresh image of his bruised wrist in my brain. It makes my stomach turn inside out at the thought of someone hurting that angel of a man.

After finishing up with everything, the three of us made our ways to Annie's to help set up everything. Niall was in charge of decorations and the moving the diner tables so that they are set up, Lilia was in charge of keeping count of all of the money and I was in charge of organizing the sweets.