Twenty

Jolie Kalea

Harry kissed me. We kissed. We're still kissing and I can't believe it.

I know earlier I was acting insane, scary, concerning. I just never realized how much pain both my parents had brought me. My mom left me alone at age 17 to explore an unknown country.

I had no friends, very little money, and a broken heart. A broken heart that my mom crushed when she left me.

When I had asked Harry to kiss me earlier in the tub, I didn't think he would say yes, despite my thoughts, he wanted to. Something came over me. Maybe it was the fact that he was gently caressing my face with his hand while I was in an emotional state or maybe it was the fact that I was so infatuated with him that it took over my mouth to blurt out, 'are you going to kiss me, Harry?'.

Right now, I'm really thankful for my blabbermouth because she can be an awful mess.

Like how I almost said, 'I love you', when Harry came back to the room with my (his) warm shirt and my bottoms. He's just so sweet and amazing and I've never felt like this before and I don't want to feel like this with anyone else. So it was so close to slipping out but I — thankfully — managed to catch it.

When I took off my towel, I didn't feel absolutely disgusted by my body as he was looking at me fondly. His loving words of reassurance that I looked beautiful and his kind eyes that looked sincere made all of the bad thoughts go away.

"Wait, wait," I pull away from Harry's soft , addicting lips, resting my hand on his chest.

"What is it?" His gentle voice asks me, his hands rubbing up and down my sides.

"I just wanted to thank you. For standing up for me earlier," I take a stand of his curls and twirl it in between my fingers. "You didn't have to but you did and I'm really glad that you did it because it felt nice to see that the one guy I care most about didn't think like I was what my dad was saying."

He lets out what seems like a sigh of relief at my words, throwing his head back. "I thought you were mad at me for that. Thank god," he runs a hand over his face.

I shake my head, letting out a soft laugh. "I was never mad at you, Curly. I was mad at my dad and my mom for just constantly making me feel hurt but I am so beyond glad you did that because I didn't have the energy to try and defend myself anymore."

"I'll always defend you, sunflower."

I feel like I'm in a fairytale or an endless dream. There's no way that this was real. I didn't feel like I didn't deserve such a perfect person to care about me this way. Yet, here he is.

The charming prince in my fairytale.

"Thank you. For being there for me when I was, well, out of it," I lean down to press our lips together again quickly.

"Of course. I know you'd do the same for me," he cups the side of my face while he rubs his thumb across my cheek.

"I would do it in a heartbeat if your parents or anyone had done something like that to you."

"You don't have to worry about that. My mum and stepdad are pretty amazing," he smiles gently but leans up to kiss me once again.

I reciprocate the smile onto his lips as I think about how Harry must've grown up. I knew he told me before that he loved his mom with his entire being and how they were extremely close. He has really mentioned her in a while but I'm glad we're having this talk now.

"Well you've met mine and you saw how much of a mess that was," I scoff as I pull away from his lips but he seems to want to keep going as he moves his kisses to my cheek and jaw.