Four

Jolie Kalea

Harry and I had fallen asleep due to our bodies no longer trying to fight to keep awake and we're woken up by a soft kicking to our legs.

"Get up. C'mon, you two." I heard an annoyed voice scold the two of us as I slowly began to open my eyes.

I forced my tired eyes open to see the worker from yesterday, leaning forward over my no-longer sleeping body. I rub my eyes with one hand and turn towards Harry to see he was still asleep.

His head was at an angle, resting back on the aisle's metal shelves. One of his arms was gently wrapped around my waist, his thumb just barely touching the exposed skin on my hip from my shirt being ever so slightly lifted from my slumber.

A fire runs through my entire system but I quickly ignore the feeling of his gentle touch grazing my skin.

"Curly, get up." I said sternly and continued elbowing him gently into the side of his rib cage.

He let out a soft groan before opening his eyes to look up at the worker whose arms were folded with her face holding irritation with us. Those beautiful shades of green eyes were more on display now that the sun was giving its light right from outside, pouring into the windows.

"Get out before I call the police on you lovebirds. You're paying for everything that you ate and opened," she pointed to the mess of scattered snacks in the store, causing my cheeks to heat up from embarrassment.

I hope I didn't bleed through my sweats.

"Excuse you?" Harry spoke up, a bit of rage in his voice.

The girl instantly froze at the sound of his stern tone, looking at him with a bit of fear in her eyes. He gradually stands up from his seat next to me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You locked us in here. We had nothing to do with it." His finger motioned toward my still slumped frame.

Her hazel eyes widened at Harry's words, a bit in shock. "I did?"

"Uh, yeah," I scoffed before continuing, "Clearly someone isn't meant to be employee of the month if they're going to be locking customers in without knowing in."

"Shit, not again." She then looks down, rubbing her forehead with her pointer fingers.

Again?

"We could sue this place." I quipped back, not even really knowing if Harry even had enough money to sue this store.

"Oh... right."

"Unless..." I hummed as I carefully stood up, swiping my hands along my underside to make sure there weren't any damp areas. "You let us off the hook with this whole eating your food without paying or else my boyfriend here will sue your ass." I inched closer to Harry as I discreetly smiled at him while the worker looked around in a panic.

"My boss is going to fucking kill me but... okay, I– I'm sorry, by the way for locking you two in here."

The two of us didn't speak a word to her, pretending to be in a fury. I grabbed onto his hand and my purse from the ground, tugging him out of the store as I had also desperately needed to get home. I couldn't even imagine how worried Isla and Lilia were, knowing their best friend wasn't home when they arrived or the next morning.

Once we stepped outside in the fresh air, I ran towards my car with a loud cry of joy. I missed my second baby.

"So... I guess I'll see you around, Jo." Harry spoke up from behind my body that was practically engulfing the car.