Eleven

Harry Styles

I never realized how close Niall and Jo were until this trip. It's not like I've been intently watching them.

It was just an observation.

Like how she just let him pick her up from the ground and carry her out to the sea. I couldn't stop staring at her big smile, how absolutely happy she looks when she's with him.

She always seems to turn to him when things go wrong. Like when we were back at the rental home, she had lost something of hers and instantly turned to him.

Apparently, it was a really personal ring that her mother had given her.

I understand that they're really close and all and have known each other for years. It's nice. I guess you could say.

The sound of a loud screech from the ocean pulls my attention back to my surroundings. I decided to make my way over to Jo and the rest of the friend group.

Isla is running away from Zayn who has a ball of sand in his hand, trying to chuck it at her, Jo is screaming at how cold the water is and Niall is trying to tug her into the freezing ocean.

"Curly, help me!" Jo calls to me through a soft laugh as she rips out of Niall's grasp and runs at me, grabbing onto my shoulders as she hides behind my large frame.

I chuckle at how small she is, feeling her nose brush against my skin, just above my shoulders. She steps on her tippy toes as she glances over my shoulder and watches out for Niall.

"Protect me, please,' she whispers against my skin, causing a smile to spread onto my lips.

Always. "I got you, Jo." I whisper back, reaching a hand back to push her body more behind my own.

Really feeling over her skin now I'm noticing how soft it really is. Like I'm feeling over a newly blossomed petal. Even with a few rough spots from who knows what, it still manages to feel like a cloud.

"Jollyy," Niall calls out for the tiny girl behind me.

I watch as he makes his way towards me. My eyes widen for a second, thinking of what to do. I know Niall knows she's behind me because of her legs peeking in between my own.

Joining in on the game, I look up to stare up at the partly cloudy sky, whistling softly. The soft squish of his footsteps in the sand grows louder as he inches closer to me.

"Harry?" He questions.

I turn my head away from the sky, pushing my sunglasses up to rest perched up on the top of my head, a wide smile on my face.

"Oh, hi. I didn't see you there. That's totally awkward... random," I express with an exasperated tone, still holding Jo back with one hand.

I use the other to cover my scalp due to it getting hotter from the minimal amount of clouds in the sky, leaving the sun to shoot its harmful rays at my skin.

"What's up, man?"

"Where's Jo at? I swore I thought I saw her around her," he then tilts his body to the side causing my body to turn in the same direction.