Three

Jolie Kalea

"Quit aiming for my eyes, Jo! These things hurt!" Harry exclaims while still aiming his red Nerf gun in my direction, one hand covering his left eye.

After being trapped for about two and half hours and snacking on the crisps until I felt sick, I became extremely bored. Harry took his time to walk around while randomly bringing back items he found interesting. It was adorable.

Soon, he found a bunch of mini Nerf guns and well, growing up with brothers I was very used to these.

Now we are in the middle of a war.

"Awww, poor baby!" I shout back from behind the side of the aisle, the crunching of the bags of crisps filling my ears.

"Heyyy!" He whines.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed my flyaways as my long coal hair was into a messy side french braid. I kneel down next to me to grab some more foam bullets and load them into the carrier before quickly maneuvering to the next aisle. The bullet flies from its cage and taps Harry in his other eye.

I cover my mouth to keep in my laughter. I groan when I feel another painful period cramp settling in my lower abdomen. That reminds me that I need to change my tampon soon or else I won't be able to move without having the constant fear of staining my pants.

"Sorry! Again." I mumble that last word, snickering to myself.

"You say sorry yet you keep on doing it!" Harry's voice grows along with his footsteps.

In a panic, I begin to walk backwards when I feel I feel the rubber tip of the bullet smack my cheek. I shut my eyes to make sure another doesn't poke at them. I force one eye open to see Harry standing there, pointing the gun at me as if it was the real thing.

"C'mon, Curly. I was only messing around"

"Really?" He slowly lowers the plastic gun down.

I take the opening and hold up my yellow one to aim for his now okay eyes. They widen as I quickly fire the bullet, grinning in victory.

"Nope" Then I take off and run as fast I can to the other side of the store.

His hard feet stomp on the ground as he lets out a light hearted laugh as shoots rapid fire at my backside. The soft thumps of the bullets bounce off of my cardigan and hit the cool tiled ground. I let out a few squeals as I try to aim at him as I weave through the aisles filled with an array of snacks, toys, and needs.

Somehow, every bullet I shoot keeps on flying at his eyes and it's beyond hilarious.

"Jo, stop it!"

"I don't know what you mean" I shout over my shoulder, sliding a bit as I stop suddenly.

"That's it. I'm done. I'm waving my white flag"

"Wow, Curly. How unpatriotic of you" I tease as I set my Nerf gun down on a shelf as he does the same.

"Well, you were purposely aiming at my eyes. I need them to see, you know" He sasses, folding his arms in front of his chest.