Fifteen

Jolie Kalea

I never thought I would wake up to someone as beautiful as him.

Harry and I had fallen asleep with Otis joining in the cuddles. It was hard not to as one of his hands' fingers had run through my hair while the other was wrapped securely around my waist, his thumb brushing along the strip of my stomach that was showing from my long-sleeve rising.

My ear was pressed up against his chest, the soft rhythm of his heart putting me at ease. When he came here yesterday, I was relieved that he was okay. He wasn't completely but I was just glad he was able to get out of there and be somewhat okay.

He should break up with her and it might be a selfish thing to say since I do like him. I like him so much more than I ever thought I would.

I never thought someone like him could like someone that looks like me.

Someone as absolutely as beautiful as him falling for someone who is normal looking, not all that skinny. Just someone who is completely average.

But I didn't want to question it. I was lucky, if anything, to have him in my life. Yeah, sure I have a few good men in my life like Niall and Caleb, my two little blondies.

Isla told me Niall used to have a crush on me a while back but I told him I wasn't ready for anything like that because in my mind, my old home back in Hawaii was still fresh in my mind. I wasn't mentally prepared for anything.

He got over it, I think and now we're like brother and sister.

Harry and I's relationship isn't anything like that. He's so shy and sweet and caring. You can't help but love everything about him. He's respectful towards Isla and their pronouns and is mindful about what happened with Zayn and Lils.

I mean, he bought me my favorite flower. No guy has ever put that much effort into me.

Now I stare at his features while he's completely at ease, his chest rising and falling gradually through his slumber. I could tell he was tired from the moment I locked eyes with him.

His bags were awfully dark, along with the scattered bruises. His exhaustion was clearly visible and I wanted nothing more than to give him whatever he needed to get better.

I raise my hand up to trace over the bridge of his nose, the sunlight coming from the window above my room, highlighting all of his features. It reminded me of a statue you would see at the museum. A very Greek-like nose; strong and sharp. Then I traced along his jawline that had stubble that was faint but it was visibly there.

I frown at the bruise underneath his jaw and lean my lips forward to peck at the mark, grazing my touch over it. He shifted in his sleep but didn't awake so I continued on his neck.

His whole body was like a canvas that someone took time and effort painting on. I could see how beautiful every little detail on his skin was. To the faint scars on his arms to the blonde hairs on the base of where his hair began to grow.

He groaned in his sleep before raising his arms up to stretch all of his sore limbs. He lets out a sigh of content once he's done and smacks his dry lips together. His brows furrow at his surroundings before his eyes widen a bit to remember where he's at.

It's quite cute how his lips sort of pout tiredly in the morning.

His head tilts to look at me and a dimpled grin forms on his lips. He uses one hand to brush away my hair that's fallen across my face to cup my cheek. I snuggle into the gentle touch and beam tiredly up at him.

"Morning," his rasped voice with a hint of joy makes my heart clench.

"Morning, Curly. How'd you sleep?" I hum as I close my eyes to snuggle back into his chest, the warmth making me feel at ease.