ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: ᴘʀᴇꜰᴇᴄᴛ

Hera was in the library, more specifically in the restricted section, researching more about horcruxes and how to destroy them. After finding basically nothing on how to completely destroy a horcrux, Hera decided it would be a good idea to research Voldemort himself. She knew a little about him like, his real name is Tom Riddle, he was a student at Hogwarts, he was charming, must've been hot Hera thought. But most importantly that he was a half-blood. same Hera thought again.

After reading and connecting the dots Hera came up with the story of what happened to Voldemort. His mom was from a well known pureblood family, The Gaunts, part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, much like some of her classmates. She also learned that his mother was thought to be a squib, but as any naive teenager, she fell in love. With Tom Riddle Senior, a muggle. She fell so deep in love that she tricked him into drinking a love potion and getting pregnant with the Dark Lord. Hera did some research about what would happen if you were born under a love potion and she found out that Voldemort can't love. explains a lot Hera thought to herself.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard the library door squeak open. She spotted a figure walking towards her, so she got up and ran. She almost got out of the library when a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Merlin." Hera breathed out.

"Researching The Dark Lord now? Got a thing for bad boys?" Draco Malfoy said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

Hera scoffed at his insult. She tugged her arm away from Draco's grasp.

" 'bad boy' is an understatement, and plus what I research is none of your business." She rolled her eyes.

"You see, that's where your wrong. I am a prefect and it is after hours, and i am going to give you a detention." Draco smirked.

"Yeah whatever." Hera walked past Draco and back to her table with all of the books.

"Where do you think you're going?" Draco questioned.

"To grab my bloody books." Hera gathered her things and glared at Draco.

                                             *

Draco was currently dragging Hera back to the common room, he didn't know why Hera was researching the Dark Lord, but he had a bad feeling about it. Sure he hated her, but he didn't want her to become a Death Eater, it didn't sit right with him.

"Your not gonna get the mark right?" Draco asked quietly.

Hera turned her head to look at Draco, he looked almost nervous, she didn't know why, but she wasn't going to tell Draco anything about her 'mission'. Dumbledore didn't say to keep it a secret, but she felt like a spy.

"What? You mean this?" Hera turned her body to Draco and pulled her left sleeve up.

Draco's eyes widened and his breath caught in his throat until he saw that there was no mark. He looked up at Hera, who was almost howling from laughter.

"That's so not funny." Draco sighed, adjusting his own left sleeve.

Hera stopped laughing when she noticed his sad and angry expression.

"Malfoy chill out, it was just a joke." Hera said a little softer.

Draco looked away from Hera's eyes and kept walking. Hera grabbed Draco's left sleeve to stop him from walking. In the process of grabbing his arm, his sleeve bunched up in her hand, revealing a part of a detailed tattoo. Draco tried to pull his arm away but Hera came closer and pulled his sleeve up to reveal the snake and skull 'tattoo'. Draco's eyes widened and he pulled his arm out of her grasp and pushed his sleeve back down.