ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: ᴅʀᴀɴꜱʏ

Walking down the empty hallways of Hogwarts, Hera noticed the sounds around her. There was a faint howling that came from beyond the courtyard. Then the quiet chirping of some birds on top of the windowsills. She also noticed that Hogwarts was different at night, it was quiet, dark and eerie, nothing like the lively and bright, comforting Hogwarts she knew in the daytime. Just as she looked forward she stopped in front of Dumbledore's office. She had been holding out this visit for a while. She'd make excuses to Pansy about why she couldn't go that day, 'too much homework', or 'too tired'. But today Pansy forced her to go, because Pansy had to do 'prefect' duties, but Hera doubted she'd even have the energy to run after someone for being out after hours.

"Lemon Drop." Hera whispered.

She watched as the entrance opened and walked in. She didn't want to ask Dumbledore anymore questions about this task, she didn't want to be seen as incapable. Which right now she would have preferred to be anywhere else but right in front of Dumbledore.

"Ah, Miss Voss, come in. Is there something wrong?" Dumbledore looked up from his half moon glasses.

He was seated at his desk, reading papers. Hera shook her head and walked over to one of the two chairs in front of his desk, and sat down.

"No, uh I just need to know everything and anything about Voldemort and his horcruxes, we're drawing a blank on...everything." Hera huffed.

"Well I have already told you about Salazar Slytherin's locket, where to find it, and how to enter the cave. Correct?" Dumbledore folded his hands on top of the papers.

"Yes, but i need more information about the rest, I cannot find anything about the others." Hera was getting annoyed very quickly.

Dumbledore reached into his desk drawer and pulled out the diary and the ring.

"Harry is a spectacular wizard, maybe even the best in your year, and destroyed this diary with the basilisk fang, in his second year, he even wanted to try and take your place trying to hunt the horcruxes but i said-"

"Then why did you choose me to destroy the others?Is it because he's more important than me? Godric, I'm just asking for answers! I'm not a fucking Ravenclaw that can figure out stupid riddles in two minutes! I've been doing your dumb task for almost three weeks now! I don't need a whole life story about Harry!" Hera raised her voice.

Dumbledore was not phased by her outburst instead he simply nodded.

"I think that you'll find out sooner or later why I chose you for this task." Dumbledore handed the diary and ring to Hera.

"So you don't know anything about the other horcruxes?" Hera's voice was irritated.

"Well i know that his soul was split seven times, so I know that there are seven horcruxes, and you need to destroy five others. Harry actually worked a little with me to get Slughorns memory back to recover that information-" Dumbledore's cut himself off before he kept talking about Harry.

"I just feel like I should give you this." Dumbledore handed Hera a stack of parchment.

"It will tell you everything I know, and what I tried to do."

"Is that why you have been leaving the school so often?" Hera asked looking at the paper.

"Yes, but I should tell you that you will need to keep these pieces of parchment hidden, if placed in the wrong hands, it could be potentially dangerous." Dumbledore said.

"Why are you giving these to me and not just telling me?" Hera looked back up at Dumbledore.

"I think it will do you better than me."