ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20: ꜰʀᴇᴇ

a/n tw for injury and death

Theo's spell had hit Lucius, he fell back but quickly hurried away, leaving Tobias to die. Theo had been pushed to the ground, but when he looked up he saw his father, on the ground, dead

Theo was surprised with the feeling he felt, relieved. He felt as though he didn't need to keep hiding or arguing with his dad, and he also felt that he had avenged his mom. So he was not sad and he did not feel remorse, he felt free.

However his small celebration was cut short by a scream,

"Hera!"

Theo turned around to see Pansy, Draco and Blaise running towards a body on the ground. Theo had to focus to realize that the body was Hera's. He got up and walked over to everyone, keeping his eyes on Hera.

"Hera, Hera wake up, please." Pansy begged.

Theo bent down to where everyone was and looked at Hera. She had cuts and bruises everywhere, a large gash on her head, and her leg was still not closed from his fathers spell.

The longer they sat there the longer everyone's hope that she was still alive slowly started to fade, and Theo's eyes started to brim with tears.

"I was so stupid. She pushed me out of the way of the spell, but she got herself hit. I should've pushed her out of the way. Fucking Voss and her god complex." Theo ranted.

Draco looked towards Hera and then towards Theo, he was sad for his friend. Theo never looked happier then when he was with Hera, except when they'd argue. But besides that, Draco felt bad that he would get to go back with Pansy, but Theo would leave alone. Of course he had Blaise but he knew the bond was different.

                                              *

Hera suddenly awoke and heard voices talking around her, words of comfort and sorrows. She hadn't opened her eyes, it hurt too much right now. She felt someone on her chest, and they were sobbing. She also felt someone holding her hand and rubbing small circles on it. She heard mumbling and shuffling, until she no longer felt Pansy or Theo.

"I love you 'era. Goodbye." Pansy chocked out and placed a kiss on Hera's head.

Someone else came over and gently hugged her and then another came over and patted her hair. Then the last one kissed her cheek and started to whisper to her.

"I don't know if you can hear me, wherever you are, but i just want to say that you truly are special. You made me feel something i've never felt before and honestly it's a good thing. Your jokes always made me smile, but i'd never admit that of course..." Theo kept going on and on, when Hera decided to open her eyes, it took a lot of energy but she saw those blue eyes that she had grow to really like.

Theo stopped breathing for a second and just stared at Hera, trying to see if he was imagining this.

"Keep going, i like complements." Hera said, it took even more energy to talk but it was worth it when Theo smiled and hugged her.

Pansy looked away from Draco's chest when she heard her best friends voice, and to see her eyes open and her smiling, she cried, but from joy this time. Draco and Blaise looked at each other and Blaise let out a sigh he had been holding in. Draco hugged Pansy as she cried. Theo now choking up while hugging Hera.

After a while of that, they brought Hera to Madam Pomfrey, in the Great Hall. She was able to wrap Hera's leg, and give her a potion, to help with it, since it was cursed. Pomfrey healed her head injury while smiling. This was the first person she'd helped who she knew would make a full recovery.

                                               *

Once Hera was stable enough to go somewhere, they headed towards the train, it was taking students back to the platform. Hera had seen Harry, so he was alive. People where also talking about how Voldemort was defeated. The friends all sat in a compartment and Hera leaned on Theo. Until she thought of something.

"What was the last horcrux? There was one more." Hera picked her head up from Theo's shoulder.

Blaise laughed before answering.

"Voldemort had a snake, and it was going to attack someone so i picked up a sword Longbottom had dropped and sliced the head off, black smoke came out of it and Voldemort became angry. Pretty simple actually." Blaise shrugged.

" 'Pretty simple' what the fuck does that mean? You literally made Voldemort human again. Get that through your head Zabini." Hera stood up and tackled Blaise in a hug.

Blaise laughed and hugged her back, he would have missed her passive aggressive comments. Hera let go of Blaise and walked back over to Theo.

"And Nott you never finished your complement serenade." Hera poked at his chest.

"Mhhhh i think i said quite enough." Theo said, kind of embarrassed that he said all that, not that he didn't mean it, because he did.

"Alright. Now did anybody manage to grab any sort of alcohol-"

"Hera!" Pansy interrupted.

"Kidding, kidding. Kinda."

a/n short chapter ik :( but i hope you're enjoying the story, and it's almost done!!