ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15: ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

"Move your knight to E5." Hera whispered to Theo.

"No i have to move it further from his king." Theo whispered back.

After a stressful couple of weeks hunting horcruxes Andromeda set up a game night for the teens. She made everyone play and in teams, which she made.

Draco and Pansy
Hera and Theo
Blaise and...himself

Andromeda thought of Blaise as her favorite 'child' and she thinks that he will be able to win every game by himself. So she didn't give him a partner. She also thinks that Theo and Hera need to get along better, and that this was the perfect way.

"Knight to C8!"
"Knight to E5!"

Hera and Theo watched carefully as the knight moved from its spot. Hera hoping for her spot while Theo wished for his. The knight moved to C8.

"Noooo!"
"Yessss-"

Theo's celebration came to a quick end when Blaise's queen knocked their knight off the board.

"I told you! Dumb fucking git!"

"Well if you had just given me some damn space i would've been able to concentrate!"

"It's not my fault you suck goblin balls at chess!"

"It's not my fault you don't know how to coach someone!"

Theo and Hera both got up from there places around the table and went opposite ways, Theo to his room and Hera outside. Andromeda was calling their names trying to reason with them but Hera slammed the door and Theo slammed his bedroom door.

And it was quiet again.

*

Hera sat in her favorite field of flowers while looking up at the starry night sky. She thought of Hogwarts for the first time in weeks. She remembers when she would tease Draco about wanting to marry his dad, still do Hera laughed to herself. Or when she found out Draco had the mark, poor ferret. Or when Theo had listened to her howler in the common room. nosy bitch. But then again how could she forget the time when he gently examined her cut lip, fucking Snape, bloody moron. When he'd heal her injuries after hunting the horcruxes.

"Rat man."

Theo rolled his eyes and took out his wand. Hera's eyes widened.

"Relax, i'm not gonna kill you, yet." Theo pointed his wand at her neck and healed the gash from the dagger.

He looked up at Hera when he finished healing the cut, she had her eyes closed and her mouth was opened a little.

"You done staring pretty boy?" Draco asked Theo.

Hera opened her eyes and felt her neck, then looked at Theo, he had moved away from her and was standing looking down at his hands.

"Thanks, now let's get out of here before we're seen." Hera got up and dusted herself off.

~

Theo sat on his bed looking out his window and towards the area he had found Hera the first night he was here.

Theo tried to steady his breathing as did the person under him.

"Lumos." Theo said and his wand lit up.

It illuminated Hera's face.

"Bloody hell, i thought you were a Death Eater." Hera rested her head on the ground and also tried to catch her breath.

"Well i thought you were....also a Death Eater." Theo replied.

Hera laughed lightly and closed her eyes. Theo laughed with her and caught his breath.

"You can get off now." Hera opened her eyes.

"Hm, i don't know. You don't look as annoying like this." Theo smirked.

It was those little moments that made Theo feel something he had never felt before. Like the first night he and Blaise showed up and she cleaned his face with a cloth. Or just a few hours ago when she whispered where he should have moved the knight. She was right, of course she's right, she always is. Theo sighed and put on his jacket.

*

Theo walked into the field of flowers he had been before, he saw the purple flowers and looked up to try to find the constellation of stars Hera said was her favorite.

"What are you doing here?"

Theo looked away from the sky to see Hera standing in front of him. She had her arms crossed and was waiting for his response.

"Well since you asked, i heard that tonight there is an exotic animal in this here field, i guess it has a quick temper, foul mouth, is talkative, annoyin-"

"Cut the shit Nott, what are you doing here?" Hera interrupted.

"Let me finish, and was totally right, and i wanted to apologize. To this exotic animal." Theo concluded.

Hera rested her face and bit the inside of her cheek. Theo waited for her response, which felt like forever, until Hera let out an exaggerated sigh.

"What was this exotic animal right about exactly?" Hera made a fake confused face.

Theo laughed before stepping a little closer to Hera. Hera looked up at Theo, and he smiled before wrapping his arms around her. Hera's breath caught in her throat as Theo spoke into her neck.

"Everything."

Hera laughed and slowly hugged him back.

"Is this exotic animal good at wizard chess by any chance?" Hera asked.

Theo didn't pull away as he answered.

"The best."

a/n hehe i did it again, the suspense/tension🛐🛐 also this was kinda a filler chapter but thanks so much for 79 reads!