1:

Solitude. 

Juno was more than acquainted with it. 

Not that she minded. 

She found that the castle was far too busy. Between the bustling corridors, Peeves the poltergeist, and Harry Potter and his friends fighting dark magic every other week, she could never quite hear herself think. Though she was in the same year as the Golden trio, she hadn't really acquainted herself with them, decidedly staying out of trouble's way, preferring her own company and that of the creatures that wandered the grounds. She had a few acquaintances in her house, but none she particularly associated with outside of the classroom, dorms or occasional meal in the Great Hall. Thus, regardless of weather, she'd made a habit of exploring the castle grounds well until curfew, venturing into the forbidden forest, chatting with Hagrid, hunting for Nifflers and Bowtruckles. Her most favourite place, however, was by the Black Lake. She'd walk all the way to the other side, furthest away from the castle, and perch by the trees, away from her peers and professors, enjoying her own company, always smoking her favourite muggle herb, with a book, or some homework, or sometimes with creatures who she'd gained the trust of. She was a gentle soul, liked by everyone, but close to none; the animals were her friends. Like her younger sister, most deemed her 'loony' - often described as airy, and away with the fairies. Though Luna had found a solid set of friends, Juno was still quite the outcast, mainly due to the fact she genuinely did prefer the company of the animals over the students - they were less complicated and judgemental. She was more aware than her sister, and slightly more mindful of the opinions of her peers - though she didn't care enough to consider changing. She enjoyed the solitude. The fact was she knew that the sole thought that came to the minds of students when they heard of Juno was strange. Maybe isolating herself so much didn't help, but, she didn't mind being seen as strange - she was happy, and nothing else really mattered.

No one ever ventured this far out. So, she was always content relaxing alone, knowing she would be undisturbed, hidden on the far end of the Black Lake. She spent most of her weekends out by the Lake, kept warm in layers of coats and scarfs and enchanted fires during winter, or cool with her toes dipped in the water and uniform hanging off her frame during summer.

This Friday evening had been no different. Students had just returned to Hogwarts the previous week, and, as always, Friday evening rolled around and Juno took herself off to her little safe haven, across the vast expanse of water, settled into a small cove, lined with the trees of the forest. The sun was setting along the skyline, illuminating the ground in a golden light, the sky melting into beautiful red and orange hues, bouncing off the reflection of the water. She sighed contentedly, drinking in the beauty that she swore she'd never tire of. Her tranquility was interrupted however, by the distant sound of furious yells. The mystery person was clearly upset, profanities falling from their lips, the sound of knuckles hitting tree trunks reverberating across the quiet land. Intrigued, she went to explore, always eager to help a person in need, and curious as to who had ventured so far out. Quietly, she followed the sounds, until she stumbled upon a boy she recognised from her classes. When she finally reached him, he had slumped to the floor, back pressed against a tree, head in his hands as his fingers tugged furiously at his hair. She didn't want to disturb him, though she was not familiar with many people in her year she knew this boy was calloused and cold, unresponsive to kindness, painfully arrogant and pretentious. Despite this, she hated to see him so upset. It was extremely out of character for him, and, truthfully, in that moment, all she could see was a boy - a boy who was clearly suffering, a boy who was in pain, in need of comfort and support. 

"Draco?" She hummed, her voice hushed, scared to startle him as she emerged from the trees. His head snapped up, a furious sneer taking over his features as he desperately tried to mask any flicker of emotion on his face.