19

CW: very slight descriptions of a sexual nature

The rumour that someone had walked in on Harry Potter and Juno Lovegood having sex in a cupboard spread like wildfire, and it was only so long before it got back to Draco. Of course, the whole thing about the DA was kept quiet, somehow the whispers had been warped to omit that part - it had happened in a cupboard, apparently.

Juno was very used to being invisible. She was more than accustomed to not being seen, spoken to, or about - but, it seemed overnight, no matter where she went, she was followed by hushed whispers and lingering stares as the entire student body was convinced she was fucking the chosen one. Her cheeks seemed to constantly blaze a violent shade of red, and she'd given up trying to convince everyone it wasn't true. She just hoped it would die down soon and she could go back to being the grain of sand she was in the desert she called school.

Most of all, she prayed it didn't get back to Draco. He didn't seem to care much for teenage affairs, he didn't keep up with the latest gossip at Hogwarts - he thought he was above it. And, considering it didn't concern his house, he hoped none of them cared to listen in either. Juno was naive at times.

As the week drew to an end she could feel Draco's frostiness from a mile off. He hadn't so much as glanced in her direction. She perched at the end of the Hufflepuff table - though people from her house had taken to sitting across from her, trying to find out everything they could about the dynamic between her and The Boy Who Lived - today she was finally alone, enjoying the peace as she read through the latest edition of the Quibbler and pulled her bottom lip between her thumb and forefinger; a habit she'd always had when she was concentrating. She was soon disturbed, however, as the man of the hour leant against the table opposite her, snatching her attention from the article she had been thoroughly enjoying about the underrated magical properties of blackberries.

"Harry Potter," She greeted, politely closing her news paper, staring up at the boy with wide eyes. A low murmur swept over the Great Hall, clearly people were looking- some more overtly than others. Her heart thundered a little and her cheeks heated up, well aware of the audience they had. Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Can I have a word?" He murmured, "In private. Don't want this lot listening."

She sighed, contemplating. He'd already approached, it looked bad anyway, they might as well go and clear the air. Nodding, she stood, tucking the paper into her book bag, making sure to dog ear the page she was on. As they walked, she could sense all eyes on them, and she wanted nothing more than to melt into the ground and live out the rest of her days as a floorboard in the Great Hall.

"Pretend you need to get something from the Gryffindor table and head over there," She mumbled through gritted teeth, so only he would hear.

"What?" He breathed back exasperatedly.

"Just do it,"

He didn't care to argue, so he complied, heading to the Gryffindor table. When they arrived he made himself look busy, and Juno discreetly squeezed Ron's ear in a way she knew would hurt, and pointed her wand into his back.

"You're coming with us, Ronald Weasley," She demanded.

"O-okay-" He spluttered. He quickly stood to his feet, and Juno nodded at Harry, sending him a friendly smile as he looked on confusedly between her and Ron.

As they exited the Great Hall, she turned, hoping and praying that her favourite pair of silver eyes would be nowhere to be seen. Alas, she was met by his fiery gaze burning into her, a concoction of emotion in his eyes that made her feel sick. He looked hurt, and betrayed, and beyond furious. She tried to convey her apologies, tried to relay that it wasn't what it seemed - but he looked away before she could, a disgusted sneer taking over her features. Her stomach dropped. Sure, she hadn't slept with Harry, but they were friends, she'd spent a lot of time with him now - and ultimately, had betrayed Draco in doing that. She'd lied to him, and was fraternising with the person he hated most. She felt an awful guilt swell in her throat and tried to swallow it down as Harry and Ron lead her out of the Hall. She'd have to deal with that later. In the meantime;