6:

CW: mentions of domestic abuse

AN If you're reading this and you've enjoyed thus far please remember to leave a vote/comment, it really helps me out, it boosts my story, shows me that people are enjoying and just motivates me all the more. I thrive off the validation of others lol xxx 

ALSO FOLLOW MY IG I LOVE THE LIL COMMUNITY WE'VE GOT GOING THERE @sylv_ia0

Draco was met with the most 'Juno' thing he'd ever seen as he approached their end of the lake that week. As always she was splayed out on the grass, her blonde hair cascaded messily down her back, loose bits of leaves and twigs entangled in the strands, beside her was the niffler she'd introduced him to some weeks ago, playing with a discarded ring of Juno's. A joint hung from her mouth as she busied her hands; she was making daisy chains. He laughed heartily as he sat beside her, tossing the niffler a coin before stealing the joint from her lips, bringing it up to his own and taking a deep hit.

"Hey!" She reprimanded, shooting him a playful scowl.

"You always offer, I was just saving you the breath. Plus, seems you're busy. What is this? Arts and crafts?"

"I'm making a daisy chain," She shrugged, continuing to thread the flowers between each other. "Look, I'll show you-"

"You know, I think I'll pass-"

"Come on, Draco, what else is there to do? You don't even have to wear it, I'll wear it,"

"I'll be keeping my own hard-work, thank you very much," he chuckled, plucking two daisies from the ground, "now, show me?"

She scooted towards him, displaying slowly how to make a little hole in the stem and thread the other through. The first few tries had been abysmal, and ended in Draco throwing down the snapped flowers in a huff, exclaiming that daisy chains were 'bullshit anyway'.

"Here," she giggled, taking his hands. "You're being too rough and clumsy with your fingers. Gently," she guided his movements softly, with the upmost patience, "just a little prick, don't snap it. Then, thread, carefully, push it through." For the first time, he'd successfully woven two of the flowers together. "Yes!" she exclaimed, "See, you can do it. Now keep going, just make a long line of them and I'll finish for you,"

"Merlin, if anyone heard this conversation before they saw what we were actually doing-"

"Oh, shut up," she laughed, drawing her attention back to her own daisy chains.

They sat in silence for a while, Draco swearing routinely under his breath as he squashed or broke the flowers, Juno laughing at his anger.

"I'm not used to not picking things up straight away, usually I can just do things," He huffed.

"Practice makes perfect," she hummed, not even lifting her eyes. "Tell me something?"

He looked at her curiously, watching her nimble fingers quickly and perfectly weave the daisies together. Her tongue poked out of the corner of her mouth, brows furrowed slightly in concentration.

"What?" He breathed, stopping what he was doing to just observe her.

"I don't know. Anything, " she shrugged, "What's your house like? I bet it's grand,"

"The manor?"

"Yes, Draco, the manor," she mocked, causing him to throw all his discarded daisies at her. She casually flipped him off in response.

"Well, you're right, it's grand. It's huge and it's beautiful and decadent, but it's cold. The ceilings are high, everything is green and silver, and there's about a hundred rooms, mostly vacant. It's luxurious and expensive, but it's completely impersonal, it just- it doesn't really feel like a home, you know? For the most part it's just me and mum, Father is away a lot, and such a huge house for two people, I don't know, it just makes you feel kind of small. I've always been lonely, no siblings, only 'friends' with people out of convenience and the need to appease my parents' view on blood purity - its vastness just makes you feel all the more lonely. The outside is a different story though," his demeanour changed, a fond expression taking over his features, a smile lighting up his face as he spoke, "we've got acres of land, full of trees and grass, the house backs onto a great wooded area, and there's a little stream and an orchard; I spent so many hours out there as a kid. Mum's got this summer house, too, that is the only homely part of the entire grounds, she's allowed to decorate it how she wants, and it's all cosy and busy and it smells like her. She gardens a lot, or at least she did-"