3:

CW: hallucinogenic drugs

AN: can I also just preface this by saying Juno & Draco aren't related. Idk how it all works with the pureblood families but lets just say there's no relation whatsoever - that is a story for a different website. (that's a joke pls i don't fuck with incest xxx)

Following his abrupt departure, Juno really hadn't expected Draco to come back again. Alas, Friday came, and the same shock she had felt whenever she found him in her neck of the grounds struck her. She had been there already, petting a niffler with one hand, and smoking a joint with the other. Juno smoked a lot; in fact, there wasn't much time when she wasn't stoned.

Draco had tried to resist the urge to go down to the lake, he knew he shouldn't, but his body yearned for it, he knew she would be there, and he knew if he went he could be free of stress, just for a couple of hours. He couldn't fight it. How much harm could it really do? He needed to unwind, and she always had muggle herb that did the trick - nobody would ever have to know. It was just a Friday afternoon - he could spare a few hours a week, it would help clear his head. Yes, he thought, if my head is clear maybe I'll figure the cabinet out sooner. He tried to ignore the dread that swelled in his chest whenever he thought of the task he'd been given, he wanted to do this, he needed to - to prove himself not only to the Dark Lord, but to his father. He was loyal to the Death Eaters, he just needed one afternoon a week to settle his anxiety, so he could really focus on the task at hand. That's what he'd tell himself over and over as he tried to justify the way his legs carried him, as though they were on autopilot, across the castle grounds and around the lake, to the small cove where he knew she would be.

"Oh, hello, Draco," she greeted, offering him the joint. He complied, sitting next to her, screwing his face up as he took a drag, instantly relaxing as the fragrant smoke settled in his lungs.

He liked that she didn't ask questions. He liked that she just accepted his company, and didn't try and force conversation out of him, or push him away. It was nice to get away from being Malfoy for a while. He liked the fact she made him feel like just Draco.

"Do you ever not smoke?" He chuckled, passing the joint back to her. She shrugged, taking a drag herself, the weed clearly not affecting her as much as it did Draco.

"I feel quite giddy if I don't smoke, it keeps me calm. Mummy always used to say it's Mother Earth's natural remedy. I know she'd prefer me to smoke herbs over drinking alcohol, or inhaling chemicals, Dad certainly does. Plus, the fairies like it," She motioned upwards, drawing attention to the small creatures that flew in and out of the cloud of smoke.

"Sounds like some hippie shit to me," he laughed, eyes falling from the fairies to the niffler, that had snuggled into her lap and fallen asleep. "You like creatures then?"

"The creatures are my friends,"

"Can I?" he asked, reaching his long, slender, ring clad fingers towards the sleeping creature.

"I'd offer him something shiny first, and take off your rings, he'll try and steal them,"

Draco laughed, but stopped as he realised she was serious. Removing his rings, he laid them on the ground, digging in his pocket to find a coin. The niffler had awoken, he sniffed at Draco's outstretched fingers, hesitantly climbing onto them to reach the coin that laid in the palm of his hand. As the niffler inspected the coin, Draco scratched the little creature's head, causing him to nuzzle into Draco's palm.

"He is so fucking cute-" Draco gushed, manoeuvring him onto his lap so he could sleep while Draco pet him, protectively laying his head on the coin Draco had given him. She giggled as she watched him, in awe of how gentle he was with the creature.