14

Every week Juno stayed behind with Harry after the DA meetings, and she found herself improving drastically. She'd also branched out and began speaking to a few of the members, particularly her sister's friends; Ginny and Neville. Though, she didn't like to intrude too much on their group, as much as Luna insisted she didn't mind, those were her friends, and Juno didn't want to take that away from her sister at all. She didn't feel so far behind her peers any more, Harry was an excellent teacher - he was so encouraging, she found she had come to enjoy their extra lessons. She felt treacherous for enjoying his company though, it felt like the ultimate betrayal to Draco. 

Harry's eyes would light up whenever she got a spell right, or managed to outsmart him in a duel - when he saw she was pleased with herself his face lit up with pride and he congratulated her profusely. He saw her successes as his own. Whenever they would talk his heart would thrum a little harder and he found his cheeks reddening whenever he made her laugh - which he often tried to do, as the sound was becoming one of his absolute favourites; he found it to be a great solace in such dark times. She was so quick-witted and intelligent, so pure and delightfully unaware - it was lovable. He often found himself unnecessarily correcting her stances just so he could be near her, and touch her for a few seconds. When that would happen the air between them would become thick and Harry would feel as though he couldn't breathe and his face would heat up unbearably until he stepped away and composed himself. Hermione had picked up on his little crush first; "you fancy her!" She had exclaimed, hitting him on the arm with a rolled up Daily Prophet as he tried to hide the blush that rose up his neck. Of course then Ron had joined in taunting him, shoving him towards Juno whenever the DA meetings would end, shouting suggestive things at him, which luckily Juno was oblivious to.  

They had just finished a DA meeting, and as usual, Harry and Juno waited around for everyone else to leave so they could begin their one on one session. 

"Hi," He smiled shyly as the last student left the room. 

"Hey," She chuckled.

"So, I think you're pretty much caught up, you're on the same level as everyone else now I'd say, which is brilliant, you've only been at this a few weeks. There's just one last thing we need to work on," She nodded for him to continue; "Patronuses," 

She smiled brightly at him; this is what she had been looking forward to the most. Ever since Luna had shown her her own patronus, she'd wanted to learn - she couldn't believe Harry had cast his first corporeal patronus at just thirteen years old, and she was even more impressed that he'd managed to teach tens of other underage students to do just the same. 

"Now, you'll know it's quite advanced magic, but everyone in the DA has managed to do it - it took others a lot longer but they all succeeded. I'm certain you will too-" 

"Can I see yours?" She asked, her eyes wide and hopeful. 

"Mine?" Harry suddenly felt embarrassed. 

"I just think they're so beautiful," She hummed, her mind wandering into a daze as she thought of the silver wisps and the majestic creatures they formed. "I've been dying to see another since Luna showed me hers. I love creatures, you see - so there's something about patronuses that really resonates with me. It's probably the same with everyone, they are joyful things-" 

Harry hung onto her every word, he loved seeing her talk so animatedly about this, it was quite endearing how enthralled and passionate she was. 

"You'll learn to cast one really fast, you have that energy - like, a bright, nice, happy energy, you know?" He blurted, internally groaning at his awkwardness. She laughed softly, her eyes warm and hopeful.