11: Brown Substance

Amanda POV:

“There seriously is absolutely no trace of any edible food in your apartment” Danni complained to me, yet still sounding professional.

“You just need to look for some!” I explained to her.

I found out that the un-predicted ‘PedoBear’ –or as Danni likes to call them ‘un-authorized man handlers’– was actually Danni… Two shattered lamps, four un-stuffed pillows, one spilled tea and two un-potted candles later.

By the way… the candles weren’t lit.

I am such a good friend.

Since the time she came early in the morning, she’s been complaining that I have nothing to eat. When I just have no food that she likes.

Now it’s ten in the morning and she still had that complain. Let me tell you, an exhausted Amanda mixed with a hungry Danni is when you should be calling authorities.

Things aren’t pretty.

“I’m telling you, I have searched every square inch of this apartment and I found nothing but your spilled tea and this brown substance” she argued, but I could see the small trace of an oncoming smile etched into her cheeks.

It’s a wonder how her personality changes when she’s in the presence of a special boy band. She goes from very professional or 'posh' to straight out 'fangirl'. 

Not that I know the boyband… randomly goes into coughing fit.

Yeah… I have absolutely no idea!

Suddenly, I came into a realization of what Danni just said.

“That ‘brown substance’ is called Nutella.” I said with my teeth clenched, trying not to punch the wall. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody insults my Nutella.

The sound of laughter filled my ears.

“I know, I know… just joking with you” The Platinum blonde haired girl replied.

Sending her a playful death glare –one to which she grinned at– I soon had an idea.

But I wasn’t too sure about it.

My hand though, grew a mind of its own, and started itching its way towards my wallet that was sprawled on the kitchen counter.

The girl that is my best friend however, had gotten a hint of that I was about to do.

To late now, I guess.

Grabbing my wallet from the counter, I made eye contact with Danni and motioned my head towards the door.

She jumped out of her seat from the kitchen stool and sped out my apartment door… forgetting to put on her shoes and jacket.

“Five… four… three… two… and one” I counted off my fingers, waiting for her return.

Once I looked up from counting, I noticed her jacket and converse were gone.

She’s fast.

Smiling to myself, I got on my boots and coat and ran after her down the hallway of the fourth floor.

Don’t worry I locked the door.

*~*~*

“Is that all for you ladies this afternoon?” The waiter of iHop asked us.

Yes you heard him.

Freaking afternoon.

We were stuck in a taxi for an extra hour due to traffic… but that’s okay. We spent our time wisely! If you count screaming out to people on the street from the window… and ducking once they saw us, wise.