25: Over Thinker

Louis' POV:

I lay the creaky hotel bed in the early morning. No muscle in my body was willing to escape from the mocking sheets that covered me from the world. A bare feeling was left throughout the whole hotel suite the boys and I were staying in. None of us were up - or in my case, out of bed.

Annoying bright red light was flashing on the side table by my bed, it read 11:00am. This time was a bargain, considering the concert last night that led into early day. After the whole incident in Amanda's home, I went directly to the venue. Honestly, I almost forgot we had a concert last night.

Finally, a jolt of reality hit me when a screeching noise was erupting from across the hall.

Before I knew it, I found myself stood in the middle of chaos. Rising grey air came from the stove, flour was spread all over the ground covering every inch of hardwood, orange juice dripped off the counters, five glasses were tipped over exposing more orange liquid to the marble - the smoke detector beeping as everything unraveled.

"What?" I questioned.

Once my voice was heard, four bodies came out from behind the kitchen island. A look on each of their faces, all saying 'whoops.'

Before I could question what they just did, I laughed.

They looked guilty, but laughed along with me. My sides hurt the more and more I went. By the time I was out of breath, I found myself covered in flour on the floor.

At the most convenient time, the doorbell then rang. We all charged, slipping due to the ingredients that covered us. Liam and Niall were left behind, begrudgingly cleaning the floor for no one else to slip. Zayn and Harry however, pounced at me - causing Niall to turn around and look.

"No let them go, Niall! Don't get mixed in this!"

"Louis, I'm coming!"

Harry laughed at Niall's response. I flicked his head in return, dirty minded fella.

Without knowing what happened, the two bodies were lifted off me. Seconds after, I left to the door, swinging it open uneasily. The sight for the person on the other side of the door must be astonishing. But I was more stunned than this visitor.

Amanda Miller.

Instead of me speaking first, I let her get a good look at me as I did to her. She looked the same, hair wavy and over her shoulders. Rebellious strands of hair flew in the front, framing her face. Light freckles that were barely noticeable were sprawled over her cheeks, along with a soft blush from the weather.

All in all, she looked better than me. I could be dipped in oil and become Kentucky fried chicken with all the flour covering me.

"Should I come back?" She looked at the scene behind me, trying to hide her smile.

Impulsively, I shook my head. Opening the door wider for her to walk in, I led her to the boys. They had stopped their 'clean up' and stared at us with eyes as wide as my own. Harry was the first to get up from the floor and hold his hand out to our guest.

"Good to see you," he smiled; Amanda shook his hand despite the egg yolk all over his palms.

"Likewise," She respond; sticking her hands in her jean pocket.

"Excuse the mess," Liam came over to Amanda. "We tried to make breakfast."

She laughed, Liam mirroring her actions. However once he moved his lips, flour flew to her face. Instead of squealing in disgust, she surprisingly laughed harder. To be honest, their laughter was even more awkward then silence.