10: Problems and Unknown PedoBears?

Amanda POV:

I was riding in the back of an underground subway when everything finally sunk in. The traffic was way to bad for me to take a taxi, but personally I didn’t mind.

My sore back was resting on the uncomfortable leather seats, and my feet kept on shuffling around, trying to find a clean place to rest on the crumb filled floor. The tips of my fingers were slowly tracing the stitches on my guitar case that was resting on my lap; strands of my long hair flew onto the sides of my cold cheeks.

But the thing that stood out most about me was the colossal grin on my face.

It was a major challenge to stay calm in the congested public mode of transportation. I for one didn’t want to get kicked out of it for having a joyful spaz attack.

Who wouldn’t freak out after getting the chance to finally do what you’ve wanted to do for their whole life?

I would.

Suddenly, the subway came to a halt and my guitar case flew out of my lap. Stunned, I watched it skid under the multiple seats ahead of me, but I still didn’t move a muscle. New Yorkers around me showed no interest in the two things that kept me sane skid past them.  

My two guitars… my babies… I thought as I watched them go under another row of seats. Sadly, a small fall boot stomped its way onto the leather case that took me a lifetime to safe up for, the little girls boot left a muddy brown mark.

How dare that little girl…

It took all of my will to not charge at her with all my power. No one touches my babies- except for me of course.

She caught sight of me glaring at her, and I was expecting the mini woman to cower behind her mother. But instead… she freaking smirked at me. My glare became harder, which caused her to grip onto the tip of her navy blue and white long-sleeved shirt.

Haah, she’s getting scared.

Keeping my gaze fixed onto her, I started to explore how she looked… and I mean that in the least pedophile-ish way possible. My gaze softened when she started chewing on her sleeve, her soft looking blonde bangs falling over her eyes. Her incredibly small hand rubbing against someone’s skinny jeans- most likely her mothers, but the adorable creature was still staring at me in curiosity.

In other words, she was really adorable.

Mentally forgiving her for the stain she made on my guitar case, I sent the baby girl a small smile and she surprisingly returned it.

Suddenly, I felt a finger jab into my side, causing me to jolt out of my seat. Me being extremely ticklish, caused me to actually have a mini seizure right there on the dirty subway floor. WHO THE FRYING PANS POKED ME?

Standing up to see who was the reason for my spasm, I saw a young girl, probably about… 11? She was staring at me in confusion, a look to which I returned.

“What are you waiting for? Go get your guitar!” she scream-whispered to me. Her dark brown- almost black hair flew upwards as she nodded towards the direction to where my guitars layed.

A look of determination made its way onto my face, as I hastily came up with a plan on how to have the familiar feeling of my guitar strings gliding under my fingertips once again.

“For Narnia” I whispered under my breath, right before I lunged for my babies- but not without giving a grateful smile to the raven-haired girl.

Inconsiderate people around me muttered incoherent words in my direction, while over protective husbands wrapped their arms around their wife’s waist, “saving” them from the “harm” I might cause.