16: Lower Regions

Amanda’s POV:

I couldn’t have felt more stupid.

Here, as I was running past people keeping an eye out for a helpless child, I had a song lyric stuck in my head.

Ed Sheeran’s voice that was great to listen to while having slow sex was flooding thorough my ears.

Eew that’s disgusting… but true.

Keeping an eye out at the person who took Lux –from what I could tell by the haircut and clothing the supposed ‘kidnapper’ was most likely a boy.

‘We’ll play hide and seek, to turn this around.’

The talented gingers relaxing voice out the rising amount of panic that was surging through me to ease.

“Hurry, she’s catching up!” Someone yelled not so far away from my sprinting self.

You can go faster Amanda, I thought as the body ahead of me started running faster, do it for Lux –she needs you.

“Take your time Lo-gan… Logan, it’s not like a child’s life is in your hands!” I heard again from somewhere.

Contemplating whether or not I should scream for help from tourists, or just run so fast that my legs would fall off, I did the most heroic thing possible in a situation like this.

My body got pushed into by what I recall a solid force, causing a huge amount of friction and me and the person in front of me to stumble.

In other words, I collided with the boy who took Lux and we both fell.

“Ouch.” The mystery kidnapper whined from beside my spot on the ground.

I ignored him and while hastily getting up from the grass, which we just so happened to luckily land on, I ran to Lux.

She was strewn upon the mans back, tears threatening to fall from her crystal blue orbs. Loose strands of hair was soon stuck to the sides of her, now wet cheeks.

Softly, but quickly, I picked her up wiping away her tears and humming yet soft tune. The very song that was stuck in my head the whole time during this ‘chase’.

As I was humming ‘Give me Love’ by Ed Sheeran into Lux’s ear, he stirred below me.

No, don’t pity him Amanda, I thought to myself as I looked at the horrible position the man fell in.

He must have fell like that to save Lux from getting hurt, I concluded as I looked at how me fell face first. He must have wanted the child safe if he took her away from me.

Suddenly, all signs of pity for him were gone.

He took her away from me, I repeated over and over again, what kind of sick joke is this?

I didn’t even want to be near him, so I walked away –something I should have done the minute the helpless child was back in the safety of my arms.

From all of the running I did, I was exhausted, so of course I decided to sit on the nearest bench, which thankfully wasn’t very far away.

Still humming into Lux’s ear, I gazed around seeing if anyone noticed the whole ruckus that was just caused by none other than –it all hit me like a brick.

Your friends daughter was just taken from you by a complete ctranger, you chased after the baby, and you fell because he stopped.

Why’d he stop?

Most importantly, why am I not calling the cops on him?

Stupid Amanda, stupid Amanda, I mentally face palmed as I got out my phone –keeping a close eye out for the person laying on the ground from across the pathway.