12: Going Mad

Amanda’s POV

“So, how was last nights concert?”

Crap. Shit. Dammit. Fuck.

“It was great… Danni, I’m so sorry! It totally slipped out from my mind. I am truly sorry. So, so, so, so sorry.” I rambled.

How could I seriously forget to tell my best friend of four years that I played at her favorite boy bands concert?

I am so stupid.

I am so stupid. 

I am so stupid.

I am so stup-

“It really is fine! I knew you forgot. Heck, I forgot about it myself! I guess we were having such a good time that it just slipped out of our head.” She laughed out.

“You don’t know how stupid I feel.” I groaned out.

Than something hit me.

In both ways.

“Ouch! Why’d you slap me?” I asked, feigning hurt.

Ignoring my former question Danni replied with a smirk, “You are stupid… but that’s why I love you.”

Playfully rolling my eyes at her statement, I remembered the important thought that almost escaped my mind.

“Danni.” I called from my seat across from her, still in the restaurant. She nodded her head for me to continue.

“How’d you know that I opened for them?” I emphasized ‘them’ not wanting to cause any attention and say their band name.

Thankfully, she got what I meant and a massive grin made it’s way onto her face.

Goodbye ‘posh’ Danni, Hello Ms. Fangirl.

“I was at the concert last night silly.” She flicked her wrist, looking giddy.

I face palmed.

How could I not have known that Danni would be there? It’s her dream to meet them after all; she would obviously snatch this opportunity to see them do what they do best.

And that is to sing.

“How could I not have known?” I mumbled to myself, voicing my thoughts.

Danni however, didn’t hear my mumble and kept that grin smacked on her face. Her eyes were shining, she was probably thinking about last night.

“It was amazing Mandy.” I rolled my eyes at the nickname she gave me, smiling at her excitement.  “You should have seen how surprised I was when you walked on that stage. Don’t even get me started on how loud I was screaming when one of those sex gods ran after you.” She shook her head at the memory, letting out a sound that sounded like a walrus getting run over by an 18-wheeler truck.

Very attractive Danni.

I blushed when she mentioned Louis the ‘sex god’ run after me once I went onto the stage. But it soon disappeared when I remembered how he ignored me the rest of the night, all the way up until I had to leave.

“What did he say when he ran after you anyways?” She curiously asked, raising one eyebrow.

Racking my brain for thoughts, I tried to remember what he said to me before I was about to preform.

“He said… Ah! He apologized for interrupting, and said ‘good luck’” I remembered, smiling at Danni’s expression.

“That’s so sweet.” She squeaked, tapping her fork and knife on the table, one in each hand.