13: Accidents, Loads and Loads of Accidents

Amanda’s POV:

Danni left to Stanford this morning… leaving me incredibly bored. I found myself stuck by my kitchen counter, stirring some tea with the handle of a plastic spoon.

My bum was resting on a high chair with my feet swinging back and forth –softly banging against the white wood. I felt extremely drowsy and tired, mentally scolding myself for being to lazy to at least brush my teeth.

But me being me… I didn’t give a damn.

With Danni gone, I felt a bit uneasy. Like the time I left London and my parents to come to New York. Although, I came here to experience something a little out of the ordinary.

That’s when I met Danni.

I always felt re-assured in some way to know that I always had someone to talk to –even though that ‘someone’ lived on the other side of the busiest city in the world. Having Danni here was a huge comfort.

It sucks to not have that anymore.

Grabbing my tea off the counter, I shuffled to my small living room. Placing my cup on the table, I lazily dropped myself on the couch. Great, I thought, now I’m too tired to get up and drink my tea.

In all honesty, I had absolutely no idea why I was practically dying of my lack of sleep, as it was the afternoon.

Whatever… I might as well just have a quick rest.

I lifted my limp arm around to try and find the fuzziness of the throw blanket that was located somewhere on the couch. After trying to find it for a few seconds, I gave up. Closing my eyes, I fell into a deep slumber.

*~*~*

“WHAT THE HELL?” I fell off the couch and screamed.

Something was moving in the bed… other than me.

“Man up you wuss.” I told myself, “Just look around the couch.”

Sighing out of being forever alone and talking to myself, I threw the pillows on the couch across the room so it landed somewhere in the kitchen. My bright red couch –which was making me squint due to violently waking up, was not helping at all in the process of me trying to find whatever vibrated.

Soon, my eyes came in contact with a precious piece of metal.

My phone.

“AND I-I-I, WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!” I screeched as I dived for my cell. I cackled as I started typing in my password, my eyes widening in surprise when I noticed I had one un-read text.

It couldn’t be Danni because she’s on a plane; my parents are probably sleeping –along with my brother. Those were the only people I could think of that could possibly have texted me.

I really am forever alone. 

Whatever, I have my babies… I mean my guitars.

Clicking on the text, extremely curious to whom the fudge would want anything to do with me, I was surprised.

It was from Lou! It’s not possible to not love her and her daughter. Lux is just too sweet.

From: Lou Teasdale

To: Mandy

Hey Mandy! Would you care to join Lux, my fiancé Tom and I to a stroll in Central Park? Maybe even for some coffee! Up to you, love.

I gasped. One, she called me ‘Mandy’… it either makes me sound like an old granny or a little toddler. Two, she actually texted me and didn’t push me away due to my awkwardness. That’s a first. Three, she’s engaged –I couldn’t help but wiggle my eyebrows at that thought.