04: Cat Fights

Amanda’s POV:

Never have I ever been in so much stress.  People need me for wardrobe and hair and make-up, but I still need to pick a song.  It seems that every song I choose just isn't right. When I do think of one, I think of how I would feel if I was in the audience. Would I want something upbeat to get the concert going, or something soft to grab attention. All in all, it was complicated.

Simon is gone back to wherever he was - most likely London. After he dropped us off at the concert venue to which the boys and I will be preforming in, he fled to the airport back in the never ending limo.

Now, to my dismay, One Direction ditched me.

Right when we got out of the veichle, they ran off into the venue. By the time I got inside, they were no where to be seen.

That leaves me in an unknown building all alone… in the cold.

In reality, I’m just lost on my way to an unknown destination in a place where I have never been before. Already, I was awfully lost and more than a little bit confused. Not to mention angry, considering that they left me.

Sighing, my feet walked in odd directions - trying to find a place with civilization. Moving past concrete walls, around tables and trying not to fall onto the concrete floor, I found myself behind a thick, gigantic, fluffy red curtain. People emerged from the other side of the hallway, carrying equiptment that my mouth wattered for.

I found myself backstage.

No one noticed me one bit, all of the workers were focused on their own work - not even glancing up from the floor. Even if I tripped and fell, they wouldn't have looked over. That thought proved correctly when someone fell. No heads other than my own flicked over to the old man on the ground. Just as I was about to go and help him, he got up himself, mumbling something about 'society being oblivious to the elder generation.'

That was when a intruiging idea came into mind.

My fingers gripped the heavy curtain as I forcefully pushed it to the right. Letting in a sharp gasp. Ahead of me were an endless array of red seats, ranging over the floor, all the way to the top of the venue. This was a freaking stadium.

My boots clanked their way around the rectangular stage. I tried to not look at the tons of red seats that were ahead; they would just make me even more nervous than I already was. Just imagining hwo many people would be situated in them tonight made me want to faint.

Soon after walking for an eternity, I noticed a beat that I was picking up. It was steady as the wind and echoes reflected off the tall escalating walls. The beat was somewhat familiar. Almost... perfect.

All at once, it hit me. The beat was exactly replicated to a song that made my want to cry of joy. I was reminded of the lyrics as I searched my mind for them, humming as my feet continued on with the beat. Finally, I was prepared. As ready as I'll ever be.

Then was when I left the stage, wandering off once again in search of the people I came here with.

 ~*~

After ducking under loose wires, stepping over microphone stands, and moving around mountains of dust, I made my way to a silver metal door with light shining through the cracks. It was exactly what I needed.

Bingo.

Civilization.

The minute I walked in through the door, I stiffled in a laugh. In front of me was the one and only, One Direction. It was impossible to tell whether they were making constipated faces resembling a penguin, or if they were being simply tortured. Either one would work, considering I was pretty pissed at them for leaving me.