19: Trying to Forget

Amanda’s POV:

“Are you sure about this Amanda? You do know that you coming back here means that you have a lesser chance of moving back to New York.” Her voice asked through the speaker. Caring but straight forward. Reminding me the consequences of the incoming decision I was about to make was a great choice.

“Yeah… I’m sure.” My shaky voice replied, sounding not as unsure as I felt.

“In that case, sweetie, go buy that plane ticket and come back home.” My Mother cheerfully responded, like having me back was lighting up her whole world.

If only she knew how much I appreciated that.

Laughing, “I’ll be there by tomorrow afternoon.” With some exchanged goodbyes I hung up, letting out a long breath. My neck tipped back onto the soft cushion that I know I will soon be missing.

The couch that I was currently sitting on, the television placed across the living room, the smooth kitchen counter that I woke up to every morning to make my early morning – and late afternoon – tea. I’ll be missing it all.

As I was on perched on the very couch where I twisted – or was it sprained? – My ankle, I knew I would long for these very things once I move back to my parents place. Not the fucked up ankle… I won’t miss that.

Sadly, I’ll have to bring it with me.

“Hey,” Louis greeted, while scratching the back of his neck with his left arm, causing his biceps to flex.

I gripped the strap of my guitar case tighter to prevent my hands from stroking his muscles, biting my lip in the process.

“Hi Lou,” I replied, with a small smile. I loosened my grip on my guitar strap, settling my arms by my side. My fingertips suddenly started fiddling with each other, and it became a major distraction.

My chin flopped down so it almost touched my chest. The pupils of my eyes watched my two thumbs circle around each other with no interest. I knew things were going to be awkward between us, we barely even talked, but I barely even talked with Harry, and we got along… fine.

“It was a pleasure to meet you.” I finally coughed out, and I lifted my head up so I could meet with his eyes again. As odd as it was, I was eager to get a glance at the beautiful blue in them before I left. However, My eyes widened when I saw what he was staring at, my… two mountains.

Before I knew it, my arm was slung over my upper region, and a surge of confidence took over me. These guys were just too hormonal for me to handle.

“What do you think you’re looking at?” I questioned while cocked my eyebrow upwards.

A shot of pink surged through his cheeks, and Louis adverted his gaze and looked sideways. His chestnut brown hair that was once messy from the previous trip was now perfectly swept to the side without him even knowing.

But as cute as he looked, I was not looking for a relationship anytime soon.

I shook my head, trying to get the memory after the concert out of my head. Before, whatever happened back then hadn’t come to mind. Now it was all I could think about. Except this time, I didn’t find Louis any bit attractive.

Just a jerk.  

Swinging my legs over the couch seat, I stood up, running my fingers though my long hair. This morning was rough, thoughts of what had happened over the past few days haunted me. My mind wasn’t set on my regular everyday schedule, causing me to forget to do my own personal grooming. Although through the night, I came to the conclusion to start fresh. So I decided to move back home to the UK – London to be exact.