Forgotten Promise

Flashback:

Flashback:

         "Yu, are you heading back home?" He is one of my college friend Wu Yuheng. We used to hang out after school but I can't make it tonight.

         "Yeah. I promised mom that I will be back home before 6 pm to eat dinner with them. I'll hang out with you guys tomorrow."

        "Then you should hurry home. They must be waiting for you." We bid good-byes before we separate ways. I walked to the bus station since it's not that far from the university but I didn't expect that this will be my unlucky day.

         "Give us your wallet!" I became stunned when I felt something sharp pointed at my waist. I don't know what to do because it's my first time experiencing this kind of situation. I've only seen this on movies but I didn't thought that it will be this scary especially when a knife was pointed at you.

         "I-I didn't have m-my w-wallet here." My voice is shaking and even my body can't move because I'm still in a state of shock.

         "Just give us your wallet if you don't want to die young." I can sense anger from their voice.

         "But I don't really have something to give you. P-Please d-don't kill me. I still have a lot of dreams to achieve before dying. I haven't even paid my parents for raising me. Can you spare me for once?" I heard at a situation like this, you just need to be talkative to delay your death but it's more scary because I heard them laugh while looking at me.

         "Spare? Do you think we'll let you live if you didn't give what we want? Are you making us laugh kiddo?!"

         "I-I didn't even asked you to laugh." I mumbled awkwardly but they still heard it and that made them really angry.

         "Are you really looking for your death? Are you giving what we want or not?"

        "Boss! Let's just kill that kid. We can't get anything from him." I got more scared after they said that. I closed my eyes tightly when the other man raised his hand with a knife and was about to stab me but I didn't feel anything after closing my eyes. Instead, I heard a voice of a guy chasing those bad guys out.