𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 |𝟏𝟏|

"𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡.𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞."
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Years of abuse and nightmares forced me to ban all things horror though, which did nothing to stop my mind from conjuring up the craziest things

Years of abuse and nightmares forced me to ban all things horror though, which did nothing to stop my mind from conjuring up the craziest things. I'd hear a sound from outside and I'd think it's Tom Riddle here to haunt me.

Right now, my mind is thinking up the weirdest thoughts the moment I hear shuffling and profanities that wake me up from the best sleep I've had in a while.

I shudder with fear and curl the blanket around me tighter. The second I turn around, something clamps over my mouth. Heart thumping wildly, I stare wide-eyed right into a pair of dark orbs.

With the street lamp and the moon being the only source of light in my room I can't see that well. But by the smell of his cologne and what little I could see, I know it's Remo.

I close my eyes and sigh in relief. When I open my eyes again, Remo is still looking at me, and his hand is still over my mouth.

I look down at it and raise an eyebrow. What did he think I was going to do?

Realization fills his eyes and he snaps his hand back, but he doesn't move away. He remains crouching in front of my bed, his hands resting on it. "Sorry," he murmurs in that deep voice.

Sorry? Sorry! I scowl and slap his shoulder.

"What was that for?" Remo exclaims, rubbing his shoulder. Is he serious? I reach back and grab my phone -

"You scared me half to death!"

He glances at my phone with a frown before looking back at me, "Sorry about that," he says sheepishly.

It's silent for a few moments. Remo is looking at me, chewing on his lip as if he is searching for words. And I am just a nervous wreck. What could he possibly be here for?

Remo moves away from my bed now. He wanders over to the small loveseat at the edge of my bed and sits down facing me. He runs a bandaged hand through his hair and I have to resist the urge to run my fingers through the soft-looking strands.

Finally, Remo breaks the silence. "I know you're wondering why I'm here. I-I came to check on you. Uhm... To see if you were okay and um-" He rubs the back of his neck and looks down.

I almost 'awwed'. Almost. He is so adorable when he fumbles around for words.

"I-I'm not the best when it comes to words -you know that already- but I'm trying. I'm going to try," his voice is soft and unsure. As if he wasn't sure of himself.

He shifts, running his hands through his hair again, messing it up even more before resting his elbows on his knees. Remo looks up at me and like always, I am mesmerized by him.