𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 |𝟏𝟔|

"𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞."
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

I grin up at him shyly

I grin up at him shyly. A very grumpy Remo grips my fingers and tugs me away from the door. It slams shut behind me thanks to an equally grumpy Aiden.

Remo's fingers tighten around mine as he pulls me toward the car where the other boys are waiting.

Almost instantly, Levi is heading straight for me.

"Tiny! I missed you." He runs with his hands stretched to the sides, wanting to hug me. Before he could, Levi is pushed away from me.

"No touching." Remo glares at Levi before opening the car door for me. I slide in with him right behind me.

Remo surprises me when he slips an arm over my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

Something seems completely off today. They're all brooding - except for Levi of course. Speaking of Levi, his head thumps into my lap —

"Hi." He grins widely at me. I grin right back and wiggle my fingers in his face. Levi opens his mouth to say something else but is shoved off my lap before he could.

"I said no touching," Remo grumbles beside me. Levi rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out in his direction.

I frown at the brooding boy sitting beside me. He's acting weird - weirder than normal. All of them are. Gabriel hasn't said a word since we got here and neither has Luke. Remo is fidgety and moody and he keeps fiddling around with everything.

Levi is the only one that seems normal but, I may be wrong. Maybe he's just good at hiding his worries and chooses to be the smiley goofball that he is - not that I'm complaining.

Levi completely ignored Remo's words and leans against my side, trying to show me a game on his phone.

Remo, on the other hand, pays no attention to anything around him. His arm is still wrapped around me and he's busy twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. It's like he's unconsciously following the path of curl all the way up and down again.

I draw my attention away from Levi to find him staring out the window, jaw clenched, those pink lips tucked between his teeth. His right hand is tapping away on his thigh and his foot hitting the floor at a constant pace.

I reach out and, just like yesterday, trace my fingertips along the bruised skin of his knuckles before curling my hand back into my lap.

Remo releases a low breath as that same hand leaves his thigh to curl around mine, the tips of his fingers caressing the inner side. My breathing hitches in my throat when he turns his head towards me and buries his nose in my hair as his thumb slowly rubs my leg.