𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 |𝟐𝟔|

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞."
• • •

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱 |𝟐𝟔|

I don't know if it's hypothermia or shock

But then I come to the realisation that it's cold but not cold enough for me to actually get hypothermia, so it's definitely shock.

Remo kissed my cheek.

I cannot function.

Somebody send me an ambulance.

A swarm of butterflies erupt in my stomach when I reply that moment in my head.

Geez, Ocean, it was just a kiss on the cheek. Chillax yourself.

No matter how many times I tell my brain and my heart and my whole body to calm down, I just can't.

I've been living my whole life without a hint of affection and in the recent weeks I've been getting it. All of it came from Remo - touching my cheek, holding my hand, letting me sit against his chest that day at the twins' house.

However, I still haven't felt what it's like to be hugged. I guess people have tried, like Levi or Aiden. But when Aiden does it, he only tries to hug after he's done or said something that hurt me. Then, I don't want to hug him. I don't want to be near him.

Most times, when I'm alone - especially nights when I cannot sleep - I wonder to myself what it would be like to hug somebody. To have somebody hug me. To have them wrap their arms around me and hold me against their chest. To run their hands through my hair or rub my back and tell me everything is going to be okay.

My gaze wanders over to Remo and then my head wanders back to last night. Honestly? I don't remember a thing from last night. Okay, let me rephrase that: I remember Remo coming into my room half dying (I'm exaggerating) and I remember helping him. The last thing I actually remember is falling asleep on the floor and then the next thing I know, I'm waking up in my bed.

Obviously, Remo put me there. Unless there's a ghost in my room that loves me enough to put me into bed but I don't remember anything.

When I did wake up, I ended up having to rush around like a footless chicken because I was running late. That's when I noticed the jacket and beanie were gone and I had to scramble around to find a hoodie deep in my cupboard. A hoodie that belongs to Aiden. By the time I had gone upstairs, Remo still wasn't here and I decided to walk to school because I had no clue if he was going to come for me or not. And then he came and he kissed my cheek and, oh god, I'm thinking about it again.

Trying to distract myself from thinking about Remo kissing my cheek, I decide to continue reading a book on my phone. A message pops up on the screen when I unlock it. A text from Remo.