𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |𝟑|

"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐡, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞."
•••

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

The next few lesson blurred by. Now it was Math - a class I know Remo is in.

I step inside the room. The teacher isn't here yet and people are still scattered around. I look around the room for somewhere to sit. There were only two free seats. One was next to Jenna King and the other was next to - Remo Diavolo. How lovely.

Nobody sat next Remo. Ever! But there was no way I was sitting next to Jenna King unless I wanted her to claw my eyes out with her long fake nails. I'd rather sit next to Remo, where I can die from nervousness, embarrassment and a little fear...unless he claws my eyes out too. But I prefer getting my eyes dug out my skull by a handsome boy than an evil teen witch.

I look at Remo, trying to figure out his mood. He has his head down, resting on his arms on the desk. Even in his sleep his gorgeous face was an angry mask. His sharp jaw was tense, brown eyes hidden from my view.

Hesitantly, I step towards the desk next to his and stop right in front of it. No one was paying attention to me, thank goodness for that. I slowly sink down in the seat and set my bag down with a slight thump just as the teacher walked in. From the corner of my eye, I notice him tense up. Remo's eyes pop open, those pretty brown orbs staring at me with an almost surprised glint in it. He sits up fully, stiff as a board and practically leans the farthest away from me as he could.

What is he? A vampire like Edward Cullen?

What the heck am I thinking? Where did that even come from? Good Lord, I'm going crazy.

Still tense in his seat, Remo clenches his fists on the desk. My heart gallops in my chest as the sound of his voice touches my ears.

"Why the fuck are you here."

Despite the harshness and hostility of his words, shivers slither down my spine at the sound of his deep voice.

"Are you even going to answer me? Or are you just going to fucking sit there like a fucking freak?" He sneers lowly.

I sit silently staring down at the tips of my fingers.

Remo scoffs. "Can't even fucking talk."

I flinch at the tone of his voice. My bottom lip wobbles, eyes filling with tears. Digging my fingernails into the soft skin of my palms, I press down hard, trying to give myself something else to think about other than Remo's words and the burning in my eyes.

I clench my teeth together, my body beginning to shake. I press my fingers harder into my skin, using the pain to keep me afloat as the panic bubbling in my chest threatened to pull me under.

"Holy shit." I hear someone whisper.

Peeling my eyes open, I see small drops of red dotting my pale skin, pooling around the tips of my fingers. Slowly, I pry my fingers away from my palms. Blood spills out from the moon shaped marks, dripping down my hands.

I swallow thickly. This has never happened before. Not this severely. From the corner of my eye, I see Remo staring at me or at my hands, rather. The look in his eyes is unrecognisable but I still shove my sleeves over my fingers and tuck them away from his view.

Ignoring everything else around me, I look forward and try to concentrate. But my mind has other plans as my thought flow through my head in endless circles.