𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 |𝟐𝟕|

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲."

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

I love chocolate.

Luke and Levi's mother was kind enough to pack me lunch - two Nutella sandwiches, a chocolate bar and juice.

I sink my teeth into delicious chocolatey heaven and kick my legs in delite. Levi watches me with a curious smile on his face just as Luke glances up when my foot accidentally kicks his leg.

"Have you ever eaten chocolate before?" Levi asks with a mouthful of fruit. The twins' mother is a 'health nut' according to them, but they bugged her until she agreed to make me a Nutella sandwich.

With one of my hands busy, I use the other to write out my answer -

"The first time I ate chocolate was that day Remo gave me his lunch."

"Are you serious?!"

I nod and take another bite.

Luke's eyebrows pop up in surprise. "What else haven't you tried?"

"First time I tried pizza was at your house. I've never tried burgers, pasta, or anything like that…"

"Holy shit you're being for real?" Gabriel's mouth hangs open in shock, "What do your parents feed you?"

My heart thuds in my ears. The rich flavour of Nutella suddenly turns sour in my mouth. I try to remain calm, I hope to God I look calm but I notice the slight tremor in my own hand.

Think fast, Ocean. They'll get suspicious.

The pencil shakes in my hold but I write out a lame excuse anyways, and pray that they buy it.

"My parents are health nuts too. They are completely against fast foods and stuff like that."

That is a terrible lie. Jeez, couldn't my brain come up with something better than that? But the boys seem to buy it. I think…

Levi laughs, "Your parents and my mom would be great friends."

If your mom finds joy in beating teenagers, sure. But if she doesn't then probably not.

"Have you ever been ice skating?" Gabriel asks.

I shake my head.