ending scene

6 years after.

It's been 6 years ever since Eunji left and so, their friend group continued on with their studies and personal life though she wasn't there with them physically.

They got to graduate and have different jobs both in Korea and in other countries.

Eunji left her necklace to her sister and Deiji built a family with Jungwon years after their graduation and had a beautiful angel that looked just like her sister.

Kia. That was their daughter's name and she's currently the 'heir' to Eunji's necklace. Even though the young child haven't met her aunt, based on her mother's tales about her sister, she already had a fixed mindset that her aunt was one of the most sweetest, caring, and protective people back then when she was still alive.

As for Ni-Ki? He decided to adopt a foster child. He named his son Yuki and now, he had grown to have the kind personality that Ni-Ki saw in his great love.

Yuki even though was not really his own son, other people can't even tell as he resembled a lot like his father.

Yuki loves to hear about the stories of his father's great love but sometimes he wondered, why does his father not want to love someone else?

He had been grieving over Eunji for so long that he deserves to be happy and loving someone that would give him the entire world.

Well, that was what Yuki was thinking but still, he was too young to understand the complicity of love.

Now, under the scorching hot sun, Yuki stands in front of the school he goes to, waiting for his father to come pick him up.

He's old enough to walk home by himself but still, Ni-Ki insists that he should pick up Yuki from school every time he was free.

"Yuki!" someone called out his name from behind which caused him to look backwards to see who was calling him.

It was his classmate, Kia. She had a small smile plastered on her face while she jogged towards Yuki.

"Your notebook fell off your bag earlier" the young girl said, handing Yuki a grey notebook.

The male was flustered and got his notebook from her. "Thanks" he said shyly and Kia just hummed in response.

"Kia"

"Yuki"

Both their names were called from two different directions.

The two kids looked to their side and saw their parents looking at them with a smile.

"Dad!"

"Mom!"

Both children ran up to their parents, hugging them very tightly.

The two parents looked up and a surprised look was seen in their faces when they saw each other.

"Deiji?!"

"Ni-Ki?!"

This caused the two kids to be a little confused since they didn't know that their parents knew each other.

"It really is you. How are you and Jungwon hyung doing?" Ni-Ki asked the younger girl with a soft smile, messing Yuki's hair up in the process.

"We're doing good. We were planning on hosting a reunion party but it seemed like all of us are busy with everything" Deiji replied subtly.

"I see" that was the only response Ni-Ki gave until silence took over their conversation.

"You know each other Dad?" Yuki asked his father and Ni-Ki just smiled at him.

"She was my great love's twin sister Yuki" Ni-ki told him.

"Aunty Deiji! Nice to meet you!" Yuki greeted the girl eagerly. Deiji just gave the male a smile. "Nice to meet you as well small Yuki" she replied.

"Mom, how do you know Yuki's dad?" Kia asked her.

"Well, he was my sister's great love sweetie" Deiji said to her daughter and Kia's eyes widened.

She greeted Ni-Ki and now, the two families were out to go to a café to catch up on everything that had happened.

"You haven't changed a bit Ni-Ki" Deiji told him.

"I couldn't have agreed more. I think my height is the only thing that changed" he replied which caused the female to laugh.

Their kids were caught up in their own business so they didn't have to worry about them.

"How are you handling her lost? Are you still mad at yourself with what happened to my sister?" Deiji asked him in a more quiet tone.

Ni-ki clenched his fist and looked down towards the table.

"Yes" he responded.

Everyday, he felt guilty that he didn't got to save her that day and that he felt like he failed to protect the one person that he loved.

"You know, if Eunji was here, she would have already said that you looked pathetic right now" Deiji said.

Ni-Ki looked up at her, his eyes a littlentoo furious.

"She would say that it wasn't your fault since she herself didn't expect that as well. The accident came too suddenly so none of us are at fault" Deiji reasoned.

Ni-Ki hated that she was right. The Han siblings had always been smart and he acknowledged them for that.

He hated how accurate her explanation was. He was missing Eunji a little too much today after seeing Deiji, a literal copy but not really of his lover.

"Will she forgive me if I decide to love someone else?" Ni-Ki couldn't help but ask.

"If she were with us today, I would say that she had already forgave you and let you free to do what you want. She doesn't like it when you feel guilty over something that wasn't the cause of your fault. She's probably watching over us right now" Deiji replied and took a sip of her coffee that had just been served.

Loving her was the best thing I felt. If loving someone else meant moving on from what we had, I hope that she isn't mad at me because I grieved for 5 years and now, I deserve happiness as well. Isn't that what you want for me Eunji?

Ni-Ki thought to himself and looked out the window.

He must have missed saw it he could have sworn that he saw Eunji pass by and give him a soft smile.

A soft smile that told him that it was okay to be selfish once in a while.

"Ni-Ki? Hello?" Deiji said, trying to get Ni-Ki out a daze.

"Huh?" he asked in confusion.

"You were staring out the window. Is something wrong?" Deiji asked with concern.

"I think, I saw someone who looked exactly like Eunji" Ni-Ki responded.

"What do you mean?" Deiji asked him, wondering if he was joking or he really meant what he said.

"Someone gave me a soft smile. I thought that she was telling me it was okay to finally move on. I, think I saw Eunji but, it was someone else. Someone who looked so much like her" Ni-Ki explained to Deiji.

"Dad! Someone sent you a message" Yuki called out Ni-Ki's attention and gave him his phone.

"Oh thank you Yuki" Ni-Ki thanked his son and got his phone. He checked who messaged him.

unknown number

It's nice to see you again Nishi
Thanks for everything my world, you're free to love.