Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Iritadong binaba ng dalaga ang telepono matapos makipag-usap sa kanyang kapatid. That manipulative brute. Hindi niya mawari kung bakit kinakailangan pa siyang ibilin sa isang kaibigan kung gayong malaki na siya at kaya na niya magdesisyon sa sarili niya.

"What's with the face, Xia?" asked her manager with a frown on her face, maybe wondering what the hell was going on.

She turned around to face her manager and blew a loud breath. "My brother called. He told me that for my two months of stay here, I'll be living on his friend's mansion,, which is weird! Look, I am already of legal age. I can even have a boyfriend or even a family!"

"Maybe he's just protecting you? You are his only sibling. I hope you get my point," her manager said.

Hindi na siya nakipagtalo pa. Ayaw niyang tuluyan masira ang gabi niya dahil dadalo pa siya sa isang charity ball na idadaos mamayang alas otso ng gabi.

"Anyways, I've ordered us for dinner before proceeding to the ball. We need to feed our hungry stomachs because this will be a long night for us," her manager explained.

Ngumiti lamang ang dalaga at pinikit ang kanyang mga mata.

She can't help but recall the politician friend of her brother who was there at her welcome party. Seriously, hindi siya pinatulog ng maayos ng hitsura ng lalaking 'yun ever since she laid her eyes on him. It was as if she were hypnotized.

"You're spacing out again." Her manager flicked her fingers in front of Xia's face to drag her back into reality. "Is there something bothering you?"

Umiling lang ang dalaga rito at tipid na ngumiti. Imposibleng tamaan ako sa lalaking 'yun. Imposible naman talaga. They didn't even get the chance to have a conversation or even a simple 'hi' or 'hello'.

"Nothing, Melody." Bumuntong hininga ang dalaga. "By the way, when will the food come? I'm hungry already."

"Just wait a few minutes," the manager replied.

Tumango na lang ang dalaga. Umupo siya sa isa sa mga sofa sa loob ng hotel suite na tinutuluyan niya at pinanood ang time sand na nasa night stand. The sand keeps falling; it indicates running time. She then heaved another deep breath.

"Are you sure you're okay? You looked so problematic to me," sambit ng manager niya at umupo sa sofa katabi niya.

Wala naman siguro masama kung sasabihin ko sa kanya, 'di ba? She silently asked herself.

Muli na namang humugot ng hininga ang dalaga. "To be honest, I'm not."

"Why?"

"Remember that handsome friend of my brother?" I asked, and she nodded. "Damn, I can't get him out of my head. He's the reason why I'm sleepless!"

Mahinang natawa ang manager niyang si Melody at tinapik ang balikat niya. "Did Cupid hit your heart already?"

Nagtatakang tinignan niya ito. Cupid Montero is a good friend of hers. That handsome Spanish billionaire has nothing to do with this conversation; how the hell was Cupid involved?

"Cupid what?" Nangunot ang noo ng dalaga. "Why did Cupid Montero get involved? Damn you, Melody. That Spanish idiot is just my friend."

Mahinang napailing si Melody at nasapo ang sariling noo. "Seriously, Xiana? The Cupid I'm referring to is the Cupid who hit lovers' hearts, not your friend Cupid Montero."

Napakurap-kurap si Xia. Yeah, right. Bakit hindi ko agad naisip 'yun? Tinignan ng dalaga si Melody at mapag-umanhing ngumiti. "Sorry. My mind's in chaos right now."