002

002
_____________________

"I'm glad you could make it, Y/n~," Satoru hummed, his lips tilting upwards into a grin as he gently pressed his finger on your nose. You blinked in annoyance, moving your head away instinctively.

"I brought the documents for you as requested, Sir." You stated, trying your best to contain the edge of annoyance on the tip of your tongue. Lifting the documents higher, you were able to meet the towering detective half way as he finally took hold of the case files. Only about 4 hours late... you thought to yourself.

"What did I say about formalities?"

Satoru's grin faded, shifting into a very noticeable frown. While you were taking the moment to analyze his change of mood, he took the opportunity to take a step closer to you. Since you met the male, you knew Satoru Gojo is a man with no regard for personal space.

"My apologies... Satoru." Correcting yourself, you felt a bit awkward in the newfound closed distance. You were standing only a few inches apart from the 6'3 male outside of the door of his apartment, only borderline appropriate for a detective and his apprentice. And so, you stiffened substantially.

Unamused, Satoru's brows furrowed as a small huff left his lips. "I've known you for how many months now and you're still stiff around me... Loosen up, Y/n!"

Taking a small step back to reclaim your personal space, you give the male a nod. "I'll try my best."

This response was inadequate for the white haired detective. After all, it was the same response you gave the last time he told you to loosen up. Nonetheless, pressing you any further wouldn't do any good, so he decided it was best to progress the night instead. "Come on inside, Y/n. Let's take a look at these documents together."

"But si-" you paused yourself as you noticed he was about to correct you. "Satoru. It's quite late... and apprentices don't assess cases."

"You're not just an apprentice, Y/n." Satoru frowned once more, shifting his body to make room for you through the doorway. "You're my apprentice. If I was given an opportunity to investigate a case with the best detective, I would never pass an opportunity."

"Are you sure you're ok with this, S-...Satoru?" You ask, looking up at the male cautiously, unknowingly clenching your hands to the fabric of your blazer.

"I'm certain. Now, come in."

The male gestured for you to enter, an invitation you reluctantly accepted. This was the first time you've seen the interior for yourself - aside from the small glimpses you got when he or his roommate answered the door of course. It was definitely an upper scale apartment for Manhattan Standards, which didn't help with the whole 'loosening up' thing your boss has told you to do countless times. Nonetheless, he is the Satoru Gojo, it would make sense that he's incredibly well off and can afford this type of luxury life.

As you entered, Satoru Gojo's gaze delicately traced your outline, another factor that contributed to your discomfort. However, as a detective of his caliber, Satoru felt the tension instantly, shooting his gaze elsewhere. "Y/n, please make yourself at home." A warm smile coated his cheeks as he placed the file on his kitchen island. "Why don't you sit on one of the stools while I get you something to drink?"

You hesitantly nod, making your way to the white island stools. This was definitely the work of a man. No woman in her right mind would have white chairs. Though you knew it wasn't that time of month, you couldn't help but be a bit cautious sitting down. Knowing the extravagant detective, these stools probably cost more than you could ever hope to see in your lifetime.