026

026
_____________________

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Satoru Gojo projected his voice from the top balcony of the staircase overseeing the hall. With the radiance of his voice the room hushed over, allowing for him to continue. "For those who do not know me, I am Satoru Gojo the host of this year's Midnight Masquarade Detective Banquet. The bar area is located just under me, and appetizers will be lined against the leftmost wall. Dinner will officially start at 6:30 pm. Have fun~!"

And with that, the lights went out. A Detective banquet? Satoru could have atleast spared you the name in passing... but it made sense. If it was a detective banquet, Satoru Gojo hosting makes the most sense. But what was with the have fun at the end? It seemed a bit off for a banquet, but you can't really doubt the charisma of someone so media-trained.

As the lights came on, you felt a familliar grasp on your waist...

"How'd you get down so fast?" You muttered as you leaned your head back on Satoru's chest. He placed a small peck on your forehead.

"Would you believe me if I told you it was magic~?" Satoru hummed, his hands slowly tracing your outline as they traversed upwards on your body. You let off a soft chuckle as you held onto his hands.

Your tone would change quickly as you noticed the whispers and gazes of the room directed to the both of you. "Not here, Satoru," you muttered, gently pulling his hands off of your figure. "People are watching us..." but before you could mutter a word more, a familiar face caught the corner of your gaze. Someone you haven't seen in a long time.

"Megumi?"

The male wore a black suit, complimented by a black dress shirt and an emerald green tie. His shoes were a medium brown leather, slightly used and matted. There was not much care thrown into his hair, as it was worn as usual. Spiky, navy blue, exactly how you remembered it. The two of you seemed to notice each other simultaneously. And just like that, Megumi walked towards you.

"Y/n? I didn't expect you to be here. It's... nice to see you again," the male muttered, nervously scratching the back of his head. The awkward air was to be expected. After all, it's been a while since you last got a chance to speak to Megumi. After he broke it off, it was rare for you to run into the man. Even on the odd times you did see him, the most you did was exchange a wave and walk off. You loved him... but now it was different. Now you loved someone else a little more.

"I didn't know you'd be here too," you mimicked the nervous tension as you weakly chuckled. Your gaze wandered down to the ground as you eyed his matted brown dress shoes. Though you had completely forgotten about Satoru's hold on you, it was only when his grasp became tighter did you notice his presence once more.

"Megumin~! It has been a while," the male interrupted, alleviating some of the brought upon awkwardness. "I didn't know you knew miss Y/n here!"

Megumi trailed off as his hands found their way into his pockets. "Yeah, we've known each other for a bit. I'm more surprised that you know her, Sir Gojo."

"Ah, really?" Satoru smirked as he pulled you closer to his chest. Had it not of been for the piles of makeup on your face, your cheeks would be entirely flustered. "She never told you we're dating?"

There was an awkward pause, soon broken by Megumi. "It seems not." An accumulation of his observations concluded you were dating Satoru Gojo a while ago. From your matching outfits, to your proximity, to even the shoes you were wearing on your feet. He knew you wouldn't buy something so expensive on your own, whereas the lavish detective wouldn't even bat an eye before purchasing something like that for someone he's interested in. "Congratulations to the both of you."