036

⚠️ABUSE⚠️                                                       036
_____________________

You heard the door creak open behind you. With a small smile, you turned to face your guest before you were met with an unexpected gesture.

Slap.

The force was beyond anything you would have thought you'd be faced with, causing you to topple onto the floor from your wooden chair. Thud. The pain was vicious... what did you do wrong? This only happens when you're not good enough for him. That means it was something to do with you. This was only seconded by his destructive gaze. So cold... so barren... so vengeful. It was a gaze that would send shivers down your spine, and one that would make you fear your captor once more.

It's not like you could question it. The last time you did, it didn't turn out too well for you. Your safest bet would be to follow his instructions and to not provoke him further. But how were you supposed to do that... i-if you were t-trembling... s-so m-much....

"Get up."

You did your best to oblige. Against your nerves, against your body's own flight or fight response you took a stand for the male. This didn't make the situation better for yourself. Even while standing, he towered over you. He was Satoru's height, b-but... god was he intimidating. More intimidating than even the number one ever was. Nonetheless, this intimidation may become the last thing you feel. To get out of this hell, you'd do anything. You were unsteady.

"What is your plan?"

"W-well-"

"Irrelevant," he spat as his eyes rolled to the back of his skull. Irrelevant, what did that mean? Were you that bad, was your plan so flawed he didn't even let you speak? Hanging your head in shame, you held your wrist in your hand. You were disappointed in yourself. Undeserving of kindness, undeserving of hospitality, undeserving of his time of day... undeserving of ever being saved. Was Satoru better off without you? Would Suguru be better off without you? What were you even good for if you couldn't even do one thing correctly.

It only took another moment of silent tension before the male would speak once again. "The intel was fabricated." His jaw visibly clenched. "A double agent gave us the wrong information. Though I have to deal with him, it's a lost cause. The ship landed today, and there's nothing that can be done about it."

But before he could finish, you caught a glimpse of his unrequited anger. Wincing in anticipation, you knew the repercussion that would follow. When he was upset with you, he'd always... Nonetheless, the repercussion would never come. Instead, Suguru seemed to loosen up after investigating your frail appearance further.

Jolting up in a momentary panic, you felt something wrap around your body. It only took a brief moment to figure out what it was - a hug. So... he wasn't angry at you? Feeling yourself melt in his arms as your nerves started to subside, his warmth was much needed. So much so, it distracted you enough to not realize the tears pooling out of your eyes.

Gently wrapping you in his embrace, the raven haired boy softly pressed his thumb to your bottom lip, lifting up your head. "It's not your fault, Y/n..." his warm words would linger in your eardrums as he pushed the hair out of your face. As the tears continued to sting your eyes, the male would wait patiently as they crawled down your cheek before intervening, sliding his thumb to wipe them away. "My dear Y/n... perhaps it's time for you to take a break."

Take a break? "No, I-I can't-"

Interrupting your interjection, Suguru deliberately rested a cigarette between your lips. You couldn't lie and say you didn't want one in this moment. "You shouldn't waste your words. You should already understand you have no say on the matter."