003

003
_____________________

Knock knock.

That must be Satoru. Though he said he'd meet you at 7:45, it was nearly 8:00. Moments earlier, you had just been considering whether you leave and drive to work yourself. Considering his late and unresponsive tendencies outside of work hours, you shouldn't have agreed to his offer. But you suppose if the boss is the reason you're late, you can't really be reprimanded because of it.

Grabbing your bag, you open the door instantaneously. "Good morning Sir-"

"Satoru." He corrected. His eyes briefly scrolled up and down your body, investigating your features with his deductional gaze... something that has become a habit of the white haired male. No matter how habitual it was, it made your face warm up every time. Satoru's glance paused momentarily, as if he was lost in thought. Nonetheless, this moment didn't last long, opening his mouth to say:

"Right now, I'd give you a solid 8/10."

Your eyebrows raise at his unexpected remark. "Si-... Satoru? What's that about?"

Satoru let off a soft chuckle, crossing his arms as he leaned in the doorway of your apartment. "8/10 for how easy it would be for me to kidnap you in this moment. I told you to be careful last night, and here you are the next day opening the door without checking who it is first."

"O-oh, yeah, right," you stammered, avoiding eye contact with the observant male. "I guess I was just anticipating your arrival. I didn't think much of who else it could be."

Satoru took a deep breath, inviting himself into your apartment before you could retaliate. He took a quick but thourough look at your door, particularly focusing his gaze on the lock system. "This won't do."

You crossed your arms. "It's perfectly fine. It's the standard lock for all of the units in the building. Nothing bad has happened in this building, Satoru."

Satoru turned his head to you, tilting his sunglasses down to meet your gaze. "How many detectives tackling problematic cases live in this apartment building again?"

You bit your lip, freezing up. After a moment of thought, you were able to break the stale air. "Fine. I get it. I'll do something about it."

Satoru tilted his glasses back up, resting his arm on the doorframe once more as his eyelids lazily hung half open. "What will you do about it?"

"I'll..."

After trailing off, you grumbled in annoyance, having not found a proper solution. "I know you won't find it acceptable if I order a random lock off of Amazon. Do you have any reccomendations, Satoru?"

"Took you a moment to activate your head this morning, huh?" Satoru chuckled, taking a few steps into your apartment. You couldn't help but notice he was carrying something... a bag of some sorts. Before you could speculate much longer, the male extended the bad out towards you. "It's all yours."

Squinting at your employers gift, you reluctantly took it from Satoru's hand, letting a newfound weight  add itself onto your shoulders. What the hell did he bring for you...? You took a quick peek inside to see a freshly packaged device of sorts. It had a screen, what seemed to be a few cameras, and some sort of locking mechanism. Was this... some sort of security system? "What... Satoru, why'd you bring this?"

"You're my assistant, of course," he smirked, turning around to walk out of the door. "It would be irresponsible of me to drag you into a dangerous case without considering your safety." He raises his hand over his shoulder, signalling for you to follow him. "Let's get going for now. I will help you set that up after work."