017

017
_____________________

"Thank you for the debrief, miss L/n," Nanami was blunt, tapping the chosen files into alignment on his desk. It took you about 20 minutes to go through the three cases Nanami had deemed to be relevant. Two of which involved the Patchwork faced man, and the other being the case of Kokichi Muta. You wondered if this was the last time you'd ever speak on these cases, the bittersweetness of the fact hitting you momentarily. Nonetheless, these particular cases were in good hands with Nanami and Yuji. You'd trust they'd be able to do a good job in their investigations.

Nanami adjusted his tie, gently placing the freshly aligned files on his desk. "You should head back to Satoru's office and wait for his return."

You pushed yourself up from your seat, taking a small glance at the two detectives infront of you. "Actually, I think I'm going to check up on him in the file room. He's been in there for an awfully long time... he may need some help."

Before you could fully stand, Nanami interrupted. "That won't be necessary." His tone carried a certain firmness he never directed to you before. It was the same tone he uses with Satoru whenever he gets out of hand. "Wait in his office for his arrival. As an apprentice, you wouldn't be allowed in there unsupervised."

"But wouldn't Satoru be in there to supervise me?" You raised your eyebrow in opposition. Nanami tensed up.

"I suppose you have a point," he cleared his throat, "Nonetheless, you wouldn't have a reason to go." Before you could interject once more, the male stood up. "Allow me to escort you to his office. It's the least I can do as thanks for aiding us here."

Clenching your teeth in frustration as the male walked around his desk, you finally spoke up. "So there's something in the file room Satoru doesn't want me to see?" Taking the cigar out of your mouth you forcefully tapped the it into a nearby ashtray, the ashes hovering in the air momentarily before gently landing. "I don't appreciate you both dancing around the truth with me. If there's something I'm not supposed to know, just tell me and I won't press further. At the end of the day, you can't speak without clearance from Satoru, correct?"

Nanami sighed, stopping before he could reach your side. His hand trailed through his golden locks, a sort of tension dissipating from his shoulders. "Yes... you are correct. Your deductive skills are as sharp as ever, Miss L/n."

Closing your eyes, your hands hovered around the sides of your body. You opened your mouth to speak, but was met with a prompt interruption. The door opened unannounced, a gesture that would only come from the most invasive male you know - Satoru Gojo.

The small room was already crammed by three occupants, so a fourth was bound to cause some discomfort. Though, some seemed to be more discomforted than others. Where you and Nanami were able to adjust to the addition, Yuji was quite uncomfortable. Whether it be from the amount of bodies or the titles affiliated with these bodies, you weren't too sure.

"Y/n, I see you've made yourself busy with the two here?" He questioned. The male had walked up behind you, resting his hands on your shoulders as his chin lie in the crook of your neck. "I see he's even given you the good brand. Nanamin~ you never let me have these!" The male slid the cigar out of your lips, taking a puff of his own. Sliding it back in your mouth, your face became completely pink.

"That's because you take them out of my desk without permission." Nanami sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. After a brief moment of frustration, the blonde detective continued. "Have you found anything yet?"