006

006
_____________________

"Rise and shine~!" Satoru's voice hummed through the apartment, slowly bringing you back into consciousness.

"Ugh... where am-" before you could finish, you were hit with the realization you heard Satoru's voice wake you up. You quickly glance around the room... it's unfamiliar. It was quite tidy, little traces of use except for the odd can of deodorant and shaving cream placed neatly on the dresser.  This was Sukunas room, you remember now. It was a surprising display from the unkempt muscular man. You didn't get the clean freak vibe from him, which was odd because you were usually good at reading people.

You found yourself slowly getting up, neatly folding the covers off of you as your legs found their way to dangle off the side of the bed. Yesterday, you were attacked by the patchwork face male... the reason you woke up in an unfamiliar environment this morning. Managing to stand on the hardwood floor, your body ached quite a bit. But the most pain was coming from your neck.

Taking a quick glance in Sukuna's mirror, you notice your neck is entirely purple. What a gruesome bruise... a reminder that you almost died yesterday. Unfortunately for you, you didn't have a change of clothes, meaning the large neck bruise will be on display for all to see at work. Was that really smart? If the patchwork faced man spots you again, the neck bruise would be a dead giveaway to your identity. You slowly made your way out of Sukuna's room. Though you were unaware of the time, you persisted towards the kitchen drawn by a mouthwatering scent, drawing the hunger from your stomach you didn't know you had. Was that... Satoru cooking?

"Good morning, Red~," Satoru hummed, sparing you a glance as he flipped an egg with his pan. "Why don't you take a seat? I figured I should make you breakfast this morning."

"Oh, thank you Satoru." You bow your head down awkwardly in attempts to show your appreciation... a gesture which was seemingly ignored by the preoccupied chef. "You didn't have to do that at all."

"No no," he reasoned, gently removing his hand from the pan to grab an egg."It's my responsibility to take care of my guests, after all. Speaking of which... how would you like your eggs?"

Lazily, you make your way to sit on the white barstools once again, putting your weight onto the familliar white leather which was still oddly comfortable to you. "Sunny side is fine with me," you mutter your response as a yawn escaped your lips. Your eyes traversed the room, before meeting with the face of the clock above the fridge. What time was... 7:45? Shouldn't you both be on your way to work? He was cooking you breakfast right now... did he realize the time?

"Sa-"

"You should practice using my codename, Y/n." Satoru interrupted, cracking an egg on the side of the pan. He continued as the egg crisped on the sides as a reaction to the sizzling hot oil. "Though it's safe to use our names in here, I know you have a difficult time adjusting to new names. Why not start now?"

He was partially correct. How long did it take for you to get comfortable calling him Satoru again...? But that was calling him by his first name, nicknames should be a bit better for you to get accustomed to. "... understood, Blue."

Moments later, Satoru turned off the heat instantaneously. Your egg had been cooked to perfection... not burnt, not too oily... it was simply just right. Plating it, he tilts his gaze back at you. "That's one nasty bruise, huh?"

"O-oh, yeah..." your hands instinctively cover the bruised area to obscure Satoru's vision of the site. "Apologies... I don't have a change of clothes to hide it."

Satoru's hands raised in dismissal. "Oh, that's not an issue at all. I can spare you a change of clothes. However, they may not be to your preferred style."