BLIND EYE #00

THE BLIND EYE FILES

CASE FILE #00
Gojo Detective Firm Ltd.

CASE TOPIC: Apprenticeship MishapCASE SUBJECT(S): SATORU GOJO, RIKO AMANAICASE STATUS: Unsolved

CASE SUBJECT(S): SATORU GOJO, RIKO AMANAI
CASE STATUS: Unsolved

DATE: 01/07/2013
TIME: 3:47 AM

DESCRIPTION (a)

After being reported missing for 2 weeks, RIKO AMANAI, the apprentice of detective SATORU GOJO was found dead in in Manhattan around 3:47 AM. Placed inside of a duffel bag, the victim had various head traumas along with a bullet through the back of her head. The eyes were nowhere to be found on the scene of the crime.

EVIDENCE

crime scene

audio transcript (a)

As told by KENTO NANAMI

NANAMI: Satoru.

GOJO: ...

NANAMI: I can't let you pass.

GOJO: On who's orders? I am your boss, you do what I say. Keep trying to contact Riko, I'll handle this investigation.

NANAMI: Satoru...

GOJO: Move out of my way, Kento.

NANAMI: As your friend I will stay in your way. There's nothing more you can do, but to calm down and approach the sce-

GOJO: [raised voice] I am calm-!

NANAMI: Sa- [grunt]

GOJO: ... t-the victim profile. Has one been made yet?

NANAMI: We were able to identify her.

GOJO: [Sifting through papers] this... this is all wrong. It's not her. It can't be her.

NANAMI: I'm sorry, Satoru.

GOJO: You have nothing to be sorry about, Nanami. This isn't her. It has to be a decoy, just another person in disguise. She's out there.

NANAMI: But even on her left hand-

GOJO: Nanami, it can't be.

NANAMI: Please go home. We'll handle the investigation from here.

audio transcript (b)

GOJO: ...

NANAMI: Satoru, the Blind Eye Files? What did I tell you about staying away from this case? I'm in charge of the investigation.

GOJO: What am I even doing, Nanami?

NANAMI: What do you mean?

GOJO: I couldn't find her until it was too late. What am I supposed to feel? I'm the greatest detective, but no matter how many successful investigations I've done I couldn't do anything for her. I'm useless.

NANAMI: ...

GOJO: Though I could always read their movements, I was never able to understand what brings people to the life of crime - not until today. Isn't that funny? My hands twitching at the thought of strangling the people that took her, hell if I even solve it now who knows what I'd do.

NANAMI: You need time, please take a break. No one would fault you for that.

GOJO: Maybe I do need a break, but I can't take one. The least I can do is solve the case... figure out the mastermind behind the act. I promise I won't rest until it's solved. By April 24th, I'll figure it out.

NANAMI: April 24th? You can't expect to solve it that soon.

GOJO: If it means using up all my free time, so be it. It seems my... my schedule has opened up quite a bit.

NANAMI: Satoru.

GOJO: ...

NANAMI: You're allowed to grieve too, you know.

_____________________