019

019
_____________________

The next day came along quickly, the two detectives persisting in their usual routine of walking into the firm together 8 minutes late. The male always arrives 8 minutes late, as if on his own internal schedule. Nonetheless, you can't complain as long as you both arrive safely. Satoru seemed to be in higher hopes today. His eye bags were gone, he had a particular glisten in his eye you hadn't seen since the first time he saw you, and his arm was planted around you, which restricted your movements to only follow his lead. The detective was feeling better about the whole situation. Now that you've agreed to his conditions, now that you were his, he didn't have anything to worry about.

He spun you around as you entered the doors of GDF before holding you tight, gently dipping you back. You were caught off guard by the gesture, but you didn't mind it. You've slowly come to like this side of Satoru. The side where he lets loose with no regard for any of his surroundings. And to think he's been the one telling you to loosen up all of this time.

You felt the gazes of most of the detectives on the floor, gazes that Satoru shielded with his own icy stare that pierced through your delicate eyes. He gently pulled you into a kiss, quite a passionate one, before pulling you into his office. You knew that kiss was more than just for you... it was a demonstration. He wanted to show the other detectives you were his. Whether it was to feed his own ego or to warn the world to get to you you'd have to go through him, you weren't entirely sure. All you knew was you liked being his, so maybe you won't mind his invasive conditions if it meant staying by his side for a bit.

The two detectives entered the office as Satoru slowly closed the door behind you. Though you were focused on Satoru's intentful gaze, you couldn't help but notice a new file on his desk from the corner of your eye. You didn't recognize the case name at all.

Nonetheless, the observant detective knew you'd notice the foreign case right away. Without giving you a moment to question, he gently let go of you. "We just got a new case in today, Red. Wanna hear more about it?" Satoru asked, walking up to his desk to pick up this unknown file. He waved it around with a dumb smirk plastered on his face.

"New case?" You questioned, furrowing your brow as you adjusted your white blouse. "Satoru, I thought we were going to be continuing with our old case. What's this about?"

Satoru let off a small hum, pulling out your chair for you. Reluctantly sitting down, he tucked you in before looping around to be seated in his own leather throne. "It's a small case which will be completely yours to take on. This'll just be to prep your brain as we make our preparations to reopen the old case." Opening the drawer besides him, he takes out two cigars. Without asking you, he lights them both before sliding one in your hand. As if instinctual, you put it between your lips.

"I see..." You softly tapped the cigar in your mouth as the detective slid the case file before you. "How long do you think preparations will take?"

"I was planning on sending the moving truck to  your place for Thursday," the male hummed, tilting his gaze up above your head in thought. "With that, and then the hassle of unpacking and adjusting, I was planning on putting a week buffer before we start up the case again."

"A week to complete a case...?" You trailed off into a question, mildly dumbfounded by the revelation. You weren't really surprised to be moving into his place Thursday, but only a week for an entire case by yourself? It felt like he was overestimating you. You opened your mouth to interject, but were swiftly interrupted.

"Knowing you, you'd be able to finish this case in five days." Satoru stated as he read the concern straight off of your face. "The two additional days are just a buffer. Y/n... you'll do great. I already know it."