011

011
_____________________

It felt like something completely took over you... but you found yourself in a momentary state of peace. Held up entirely by the embrace of Satoru Gojo, you would only melt further into the extended kiss, circled by the rising mist in the midnight hour. The moment was fragile, and like all fragile things, they eventually shatter.

Breaking away from the male with your eyes wide with a hint of disgrace, you find yourself frantically stumbling out your words. "Satoru, I'm sorry-" you gasped out, "I didn't mean to... I don't want to give you the wrong idea-"

The male didn't react, no. Instead... he was smiling. "You don't have to worry about leading me on Y/n, I already know. You still need time to sort out your feelings." Satoru wrapped his arms around you once more, resting his chin on your head. "Did you at least enjoy the walk?"

Taking a moment to recalibrate, you traced your fingertips on his arms as you relayed a gentle nod. "Yes... it was lovely, Satoru. I needed it."

The two detectives stood in the urban spotlight for a moments longer. You couldn't help but long to stay like this under the rain with him forever... you felt comforted. You felt... warm.

"Y/n..." Satoru hummed, his grasp getting a little tighter on your waist. You raise your head to look at the male, as you placed your hands on his cheeks. They were soft...

"Your temperature's high, it seems you're already catching a cold." Satoru frowned, looking down at your tilted up face, a face that was beginning to redden. "Perhaps we shouldnt go to the Ryo tonight." Though he typically enjoyed seeing your face lightly dusted, this was a bit different. Instead of being a reaction to him and his usual antics, this colouration was a sign you were already catching a cold.

"But Sukuna-"

"-can wait another night," Satoru finished your sentence, delicately wrapping his trench coat around your soaking wet figure. "You're getting sick. I'm going to take care of you tonight."

"Satoru..." you muttered, before letting off a small sneeze.

A sigh escaped Satoru's lips as he bent down, sweeping you off of your feet. You were surprised at the gesture, finding yourself firmly situated in the detectives muscular hold.

"Satoru, I'm perfectly fine to wAh... ah-!" You took a deep breath as the sneeze faded away. "I'm perfectly fine to walk on my own."

"I want you to save up your energy, Y/n," Satoru smiled, looking down at your frail figure in his arms. "But you can be on umbrella duty if you want."

You muttered under your breath as you held the umbrella over the both of you. The walk was less eventful, albeit more vacated than on the way here. The longer it rained, the less dense the streets were. Caught in the subtle movements of Satoru's body and the muggy atmosphere, your eyelids felt heavy. You were ready to sleep at any...

... huh?

Your eyes met with a familliar figure momentarily. Was that Megumi? No, he seemed a bit older. But his appearance was way too similar to be merely coincidence.

"Satoru..." you grumbled from the tall males arms, your eyes merely half lidded as your gaze met with his.

"Hm?"

"Did you... see Megumi...?" You muttered along the string of words, as some of the words came out jumbled with your cheek pressed into his muscular chest.

"Megumi?" Satoru questioned, his brow furrowing. "Megumi's not... you're face is getting redder Y/n. I'll try to pick up the pace so we get back quicker. Are you comfortable coming to my place tonight?"