020

020
_____________________

Wednesday rolled around. It was now halfway through the work week. You spent your day with Satoru yet again, sitting on his lap as you both worked on independent tasks. The case of Noritoshi Kamo was... interesting to say the least. According to the case report, he was last seen this Sunday leaving the hospital he worked at. Since he was a surgeon, this wouldn't raise too much of a concern. Security camera footage saw nothing out of the ordinary as he would walk to his car and drive off. Perhaps something was missed when documenting the footage? As the case came with the footage in a USB drive, it may be worthwhile to take a look at it.

"Satoru, I'll be right back," you muttered, pushing yourself off of his lap.

He was going to question your whereabouts, before noticing the USB in hand. From that, he was able to deduce what you were up to. So, he sent you off by brushing your hair out of your face to press a small kiss to your forehead.

Adjusting your pencil skirt, you proceeded to walk out of his office with the data in hand. However, on your way to the spare computers you found two familliar boys... Nanami and Yuji. Though you sent them a soft wave, you couldn't help but recall yesterday's events which led to Satoru giving you permission to talk to Nanami about the previous case. Would it be an appropriate time to ask him now? But they both seem busy. Could you even ask him despite Yuji's presence? You kept spiralling into a stream of thought before you were eventually pulled out by the timbre of a smooth voice.

"Miss L/n. Do you have a moment?" Nanami was the first one to talk. Could he read your internal turmoil? You looked up at him to try to decipher his intentions, but the stone cold detective was hard to discern. No matter the subject or occasion, Nanami was able to conceal any emotion flawlessly. It was almost as if he didn't have emotions to begin with... which would be scary in any other profession imaginable.

You quickly glanced down at the data in hand before looking back up towards him. You guess it could wait. After all, you had access to the administrative computers any time, whereas Nanami was more time sensitive. "Is this about..."

As you trailed off, Nanami nodded. So his intentions were to discuss that. Satoru probably told him in advance to be expecting a conversation with you. "Please, follow me."

You do as you were told, following Nanami to his office. It was only a few days ago you were brought here for them to suppress information from you. Since Satoru told Nanami to tell you, did Satoru put barriers on what he was allowed to say or do, or will you have access to any information you wanted? As you continued on in your thoughts, the stern detective sat down at his desk to make himself comfortable.

A soft sigh escaped Nanami's lips as he pulled out a cigar from his desk. "Care for a cigar before we start, Miss L/n?"

You were tempted, but politely declined. You've been smoking a lot already this week, and if you kept saying yes to the offers you may grow dependent on it. Though dependence may be inevitable due to your line of work. Nanami nodded, as he prepped his own cigar.

"I've been tasked to tell you about a case related to underground activity that was purposefully excluded when you were assigned to the case." Nanami started off, blowing smoke out of his lips. His features tensed as he prepared to speak further on the matter. "The Blind Eye files. A series of three incidents filed under one name. The case revolves around Satoru Gojo, and his apprentice at the time Riko Amanai."