037

037
_____________________

"H-hey boss..." Mahito choked out, visibly distraught at something on his phone. You couldn't make out what it was though... not after what you just heard. You were out of commission as you tried to digest Suguru's words. Maybe a break was a good idea. "I don't think this is good..."

Suguru's eyes snapped back to the distraught subordinate. Suguru wasn't a man for repeating himself, so the disruption was particularly annoying. It seems the point went across to you, at least. You understood everything.

"What?" Suguru gritted his teeth. "What could it possibly be, Mahito?"

"W-well," Mahito stuttered, opening his lips frantically. "New York Times, Sukuna, he's..." Mahito nervously gulped to compose himself. "He's been arrested on suspicions for drug activity. The investigation and execution was conducted by Satoru Gojo."

Satoru?

With this information, Suguru Geto would visibly stiffen. Though, you couldn't help but share the sentiment. Hearing his name here... this was not a good sign for things to come. Not for Suguru, and definitely not for you. Was this also your fault?

Geto clenched his jaw. "How the hell did he... that prick must have told him. Satoru shouldn't have been able to pick that up on his own - how much did Sukuna tell him? ...Fuck."

Before you could process anything else Suguru wrapped around the desk, forcefully grabbing onto your wrists. You didn't yield much resistance. "Mahito, make preparations to relocate the merchandise. Since we don't know what Satoru knows, we'll need to shift operations to base B as quick as possible."

"But what if we kill him off?" Mahito frowned, crossing his arms. "If he knows of your involvement - it's over for us. But if we cut off the head, no one will be able to piece it all together. Hell, the whole damn institution will wobble around aimlessly. Geto, he's the only major threat we have! We need to kill him before word spreads."

Closing his eyes, Suguru let off a harsh sigh. "I'll contact Toji to deal with it," the words escaped his lips through a reluctant growl. "But as a precaution, I still want you to move everything. We can reconvene and figure it out from there. Just be sure to cover your tracks as you go."

As you took a moment to process his words, your eyes widened. Toji Fushiguro? You desperately tried to break out of his grasp, but his firm grip gave you nothing to work with. Through the skin of his teeth, he's been lying to you - what the hell have you been doing this all for if Suguru's just going to kill him anyways?!? "S-Suguru-!" You hissed, squirming around in his hold, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Something that should've been done a long time ago."

Everything he told you was a lie. Through his pressed lips, his shallow eyes, his reminiscent gaze - it was all lies! Oh Satoru... if he can live, if he can survive, that would be enough. As long as you could do something to protect him, that's all you'd be good for.

And so you struggled. For him, for the man who had become your world. He was the only glimmer of hope you've ever had... if he can just follow through with your lead. Is that why he-? If so, that means the number one knew before tying up Sukuna. Satoru was a careless guy, but still meticulous. Always striving for perfection. Why arrest Sukuna to find out when he should've known in advance...

... unless?

_____________________

You were dragged out of the room, but that's all you could tell. After all, you were blindfolded and tied up to save Suguru any more hassle from your struggles. That bastard has you under lock and key, and to think you thought he had any good qualities! Nevertheless, you weren't giving him much of a struggle anyways, not after your conclusion. But if Suguru was to kill him...