54

Amity stood up.

"What..!? Where!?" She looked around.

...

Everyone in the school was on the floor. Unconscious at the very least.

And good thing, they're not dead.

Amity and Boscha were running down the corridors and hallways looking left and right.

"There!" Boscha pointed left.

Immediately, they rushed down.

Screeeeeeeee---

Bam

Crash

Bam

Bam

A loud screech and the sound of it hitting walls and lockers echoed.

Turning a hallway after drawing out spells in hand, they shot up.

"Mattholomule!!"

Matt had been thrown back by the demon itself.

"Urgh... I can't believe that's what's after Augustus." He hissed trying to get back to his feet with Amity's help.

"What are you talking about?" Amity asked dusting his back.

Matt groaned stretching his back after hitting the lockers.

"I'm going to be guessing you tried to stop it." Boscha drew out her sword and drew out a water spell unto it.

"A water spell enhanced sword?" Matt raised a brow grabbing a crossbow.

"Blind demons are weak to water, it's one of the reasons most noble guards can handle a blind demon so easily." Boscha snickered.

Amity hummed.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh---"

Screeeeeeeee---

Thud

Crash

Crash

Bam

"Augustus!!" Matt ran off in a panicked frenzy.

...

"Urghk--grr!" Gus winced clutching the dark mass that held him up by the neck.

He heaved, gasping for air.

Suddenly, the demon was cut in half, it shrieked running away screeching in pain.

Gus gasped falling to the floor coughing.

"Augustus! Are you alright!?" Matt rushed over to his side.

Gus groaned offering a smile to him.

"M... Maybe," he tried to laugh off the pain on his side.

"Urghk--!" He winced.

"Where does it hurt!?" Matt asked looking at him.

Gus smiled meekly.

"My... I got hit on the side..." He hissed.

Groooo---

Matt shot up.

The thing was charging at them again.

Screeeeeeeee----

"On it!"

Slice--

Graaaaaarrrghh--

Boscha leaped raising the sword at the demon.

"Is he alright? He's not too hurt is he?" Amity worried for their sake.

Not really.

"He says he got hit by the side." Matt said.

"Help me with a third sitting healing spell." Amity asked.

Matt couldn't agree more.

Gus bit back a hiccup when he felt a sensation run through his blood.

...

"Phew--it might've been fun but it was also dangerous." Boscha wiped her forehead from the grime of a bit of demon goo.

"Omg!! Gus!?!" Willow rushed up to Matt.

"What happened to him!?" She asked.

"He got attacked by the blind demon that could've killed the whole school if it had continued to roam further." Amity explained before adding, "also, we don't need to worry about half the students here, they'll wake up again and will forget anything related to fainting happening."

'This is all my fault...' Luz gulped.

...

"Will... Gus really be ok..?" Willow asked.

"Somehow, Gus got his parents to think he's having a sleepover with us again for the coming weekend so what now?" She kept asking.

"This is all my fault..." Luz covered her face.

"What do you mean your fault, you didn't mean any of this..?" Willow assured her.

"No... The book I... Wanted some kind of terrifying plot so I wrote one where Gus almost dies..." Luz held back a cry.