67

"Woah..." Luz was already in awe at the difference between the forest she walked in to look around.

"Hm... It's less dangerous than I expected." Edric scratched the back of his head in disappointment and boredom.

"Why?? Were you expecting to at least be able to attack a random small demon??" Eda snickered.

"Is there??" Edric rolled his eyes walking over to stand beside Jerbo.

Eda laughed reaching over to pat his back.

"Urgh--!" Edric was caught in surprise by the sudden pat.

"Alright, c'mon, kids. If I remember everything correctly, this way is to my old house, let's see if it's still standing and if that annoying tube is still alive after days of not getting fed by me or King." Eda pointed in a direction and began walking.

They followed behind her like last time again.

"Everything feels so familiar here..." Viney wondered in awe while looking around.

There was a large building from afar that she couldn't see too well but she was for sure there was one.

"Look!"

They saw a dirt path.

When they got to it and continued to follow Eda, they saw a small house not too far from them.

It was a small cozy little house with what looked like a small tower just beside it.

"Huh, still alive." Eda grinned seeing that Hooty was out and about looking around.

King rushed over and just as he immediately did that, Hooty rushed back in place.

"You're back!!! Hoot!!" Hooty seemed enthusiastic finally seeing them again.

"Hey! Did you miss me???" He came slithering down towards King who fumbled shoving him away.

"Still annoying as ever." Eda rolled her eyes walking up the porch.

"Open up, Hooty, I've got some business to do." She called but someone else opened the door from inside.

"Edalyn..?"

Eda's eyes widened.

"Bump..!?"

"You're alive!?" The question they both asked were the same that they yelled it at the same time at each other.

Eda and Bump just stared at each other in shock.

"Eda..?" Luz called.

Eda flinched snapping from the staring.

"Wh... Why are you in my house?" She asked to change the subject.

Bump blinked trying to ease himself down.

"Ah, right, after... No, better yet. Get inside first." He opened the door wider.

Inside, Eda gasped in shock.

"Lilith!?!" She rushed over to her side.

"Lilith..!?" She called again.

"She's sleeping, it's been exactly a week after she helped defeat the Grometheus with the Emperor. Sadly, the Emperor suddenly disappeared." Bump made way for the others.

He perked up by a lot of familiar faces.

"Students..?" He mumbled seeing each familiar face.

Although, none knew him back.

"Why is she laying here on the floor..?" Eda sighed holding one of Lilith's hands close.

"Ahh... That, upstairs... It's..." Bump huffed.

...

"Why are... Odalia, Alador, and probably all the coven leaders here?? And in my house???" Eda asked in disbelief.

"This was the last shelter they can take, the other residents are cleaning Bonesborough, everything was destroyed, only those powerful were taken under the Emperor to fight alongside him." Bump explained.

Eda lowered her gaze and her shoulders eased down.

"Ah... No wonder the book... Had a town named Bonesborough in it as well." She smiled feeling relieved by the answers.

"What..?" Bump raised a brow in confusion.

"Don't... Don't worry about it." Eda brushing him off.