82

Edric looked through shop after shop.

All were closed really.

"Ed?"

Something caught his attention though.

"Edric??"

It looked like some sort of staff.

"Edric Blight???"

Odd, he's seen many forms of staff before but never has he seen something like this.

"Brother?!"

He flinched hearing his twin call.

"Yeah??" He tilted his head in wonder of what she wanted.

"What were you looking at so intently? Your boyfriend is looking for you." Emira shrugged.

Edric blinked staring at her.

"Jerbo? Where?" He asked as he took one last glance over to the window.

The staff wasn't there anymore.

"Over there, he's with Viney." Emira pointed to the right of her view.

Edric hummed nodding before jogging off.

...

"Urgh--!"

Clatter

"Edalyn!"

A few plates clattered above the table when Eda's arm hit a few when she tripped over a weak leg.

She sighed lowering her head.

"Edalyn, are you alrig--..?!" Lilith paused and pursed her lips rushing for the elixirs.

"Here." She offered a bottle to her.

Eda took it in one swoop, a few feathers plucked through the air over one swing.

"Thanks." That was all she said before downing the whole thing in one go.

...

"Open your school up."

"Are you insane, Edalyn?"

Eda stared at his unimpressed look.

"No..?" She slowly raised a brow saying that roll out of her tongue.

Bump sighed rubbing his forehead.

"I thought you and Lilith were planning on giving the throne a new ruler." He wondered.

"We are." Eda shrugged.

"Surely, opening Hexside now would be the worst option to do." Bump hit it to her face to make it clear.

Eda frowned.

"Exactly, why do you want me to open the school now? The other schools aren't even at the best to open theirs at the moment." Bump scoffed in curiosity.

Eda shrugged again.

"I need Luz to learn spells and you're school stands as a good teaching school for her." She said before continuing with, "also, I need a school that... Has... Memories of where the Grometheus accident happened..."

Bump clapped his hand aloud.

"Yes, Hexside is indeed the one responsible for this, but! That is not a reasonable excuse to open early." He said with crossed arms.

"Aw, c'mon, Bump! There are five kids here that need to learn how to do magic, they're gonna lead the Isles." Eda said.

"Why don't you lead it?" Bump suggested.

"No way! I know when a job suits me, Bump, and the job of being a ruler would suck badly. Even Lilith doesn't want to take part in it and the coven leaders after getting cooped up in my house suddenly disappear without a trace late in the night." Eda declined the offer on her.

"And besides, I'm cursed. It'd make it even worse for me to be a ruler." She added.

Bump sighed frowning.

"I understand, but... It does not mean I'll open Hexside right now." He said.

Eda grumbled with a frown after hearing him still decline her favor.